Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch Keyboard Dictionary - disable toggle

(NSW)draugath

Nintendo Switch finally received the Keyboard auto-complete dictionary.  As a player that primarily plays docked with a keyboard I find it to be extremely distracting.  Not only because it takes up additional screen real-estate, but also because of the way it is currently implemented.

In it's current state, an incomplete word is highlighted and this highlight has focus and pressing [Enter] first accepts the spelling of the word instead of sending the typed message to the game.  This means physical keyboard users have to press [Enter] twice to send a message to the game, unless they first press [Space] at the end of the last word, though this still equates to two key presses to submit.

Please give us the option to disable the auto-complete dictionary on the Switch On-Screen Keyboard.

Totally agree here 😮

It's ennoying as hell to chat with others with the auto-complete active. It distracts me a lot and since you can't disable it on your Nintendo Switch settings itself..... Yeah. Those who don't wanna use auto-complete in chat are proper screwed over.

And to be honest: Did someone somewhere at some pointvin time ask to have this "feature" inside Warframe? I have not really seen any complaints that Warframe needed auto-complete dictionary.

That being said:

Pls DE, make auto-complete at least possible to be disabled. A on/off inside the chat settings would be enough so those who want auto-complete can still have it and we who don't want it and have more trouble than utility from it can simply deactivate it.

Edited by (NSW)Arcen54