Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Progress Screen

PapaPhysics

We need to track how people are participating better in Railjack. I just had some jackass accuse me of not helping enough when I had been downing crewship after crewship just as fast as I could hack and smack their reactors. Three crew ships down in like 3 minutes but I have this schmuck telling me that I don't know what I am doing. Hell, I would have been going faster but I had to deal with boarders between every crew ship. We also need a repairs count or something. It is really frustrating when you have been holding the ship together with chewing gum and sealing wax but the void hole bot at the helm thinks you haven't been doing anything. I know you can't fix stupid but you could at least make an effort to show Stupid that they are stupid.

Edited by PapaPhysics

3 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

While a scoreboard will not solve stupid players, it can at least be used as a proof, like "hey look at my profile and tell me again that I don't know what I'm doing". 

Specifically for engineers it would be nice to have more things, that differentiate good and bad players. Right now, the only noticeable thing you can do, is let the ship blow up. Most people will be able to prevent that from happening, so it's not impressive, when it doesn't happen.

I don't do railjack with randoms, I always played with my friends so I don't know how to tell. But engineer's role is resource management, I actually call it the railjack janitor, coz that's what the role do. I think a good engineer is not only someone that's quick to fix holes and fires but someone that never lets ammo and stuff to run out without being too wasteful with the resources. Being able to defend the ship from boarding crewmen is also a good trait (though it kinda depends on the frame they are using but since any frame can do engineer's job, the ability to pick the most efficient frame tells something about the player's knowledge of his role).