Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guards for the Tenno (Potential Spoilers) WIP

JDK753

What I'm about to discuss is just an idea that came to me so please don't burn me for this. Although I wouldn't mind seeing it come to life 😁. I will try to make it more detailed and accurate so that it may be something that could be doable and fit in with the game.

I thought about the operator being mostly alone (if I understand correctly) inside the liset/orbiter, and could not help but wonder who or what is really keeping the Operator safe? The Operator may be able to defend him/herself but numbers can overwhelm. Lotus is gone and Ordis can only do so much, so who's really ensuring the safety of the Operator? Yes there's the Warframes but they're mostly on missions and even if they were there to defend the operator, numbers could still overwhelm.

If the operator is such a valuable asset, surely they should have a helping hand especially as the enemy factions are getting stronger and more advanced.

So what if the operator had some guards on board? Say two to four max? So here's the idea (please keep an open mind).

The Plot

Teshin concerned about the Tenno as usual,has been keeping an watchful eye on enemy factions and noticed their increase in numbers, advancements, and power. This naturally starts to put a worry on Teshin. If the Tenno aren't properly prepared, it can only lead to bad things as they cannot afford to lose a single Tenno. Teshin has to try and come up with a solution with regard to aiding the Tenno as he cannot help all the Tenno by himself, nor keep them all safe at once. Strength in numbers. What if he were to recruit those that would be willing to defend the Tenno? Teshin can't possibly be the only Dax still out there? Teshin's hopeful solution is to provide the Tenno with Dax guards which he trained himself in his attempt to aid the Tenno. The Tenno, however, will have to train them further to make them even stronger so that they may be worthy to properly aid the Tenno.

The Guard System

1. In order to "qualify" for the "Guard System", each Tenno will have to complete all current quests in order for things to "make sense".
  2. To acquire a guard, Tenno will have to go visit Teshin at any relay after Teshin sent a message summoning the Tenno to discuss his concerns.
  3. Teshin will present his idea/strategy which will enable Tenno to acquire (purchase) their first Dax guard.
  4. Guards will be allowed to stand guard within the liset/orbiter in order to safeguard the Operator.
  5. Once a Dax guard is acquired, Tenno will be allowed to take the Dax along on missions so that the guard may observe and learn first hand from the Tenno.
  6. Each and every guard will be unique with their own preferred weapons, methods, traits and skills. This will allow them to be better at certain missions.
  7. When you acquire your second guard, one guard will be allowed to be sent out on a mission on their own provided the guard is at the required level.
  8. On max only two Dax guards can be sent out on missions at a time.
  9. Once four guards are acquired, you will be allowed to send out two guards at a time on separate missions.
  10. Be mindful Tenno, sending your Dax on a mission could potentially harm them by sustaining injuries.
  11. When inflicted with an injury, guards can be left within the liset/orbiter to re-cooperate from their injuries (same as the extractors).
  12. If and when the Tenno decides to start fresh with a new guard, they can assign a guard to their Dojo where it shall remain to keep it safe in order to get a new guard from Teshin.

Leveling

1. Taking a guard on a mission will result in experience gain to level up.
  2. The max rank of a guard would be level 30. With each level acquired, Teshin will summon the guard for a ascension trial which will take 30 minutes.
  3. Once level 30 is reached, Teshin will deem you as a worthy and responsible mentor and will then allow you to acquire your second guard.
  4. Your third guard can be acquired once your second guard has reached level 30, and fourth at level 30.
  5. Once a guard has reached level 30, Teshin will offer to give the guard a special initiation at a cost to give it a new rank which will "forma" the guard. The guard will have a new and better appearance as well as better skills and strengths.
  6. After a guard has reached level 30 and received their initiation, they will be allowed to be sent out on their own missions and gain experience as a result.
  7. Once the guard is at it's peak with regards to it's level, it may be sent to Teshin to acquire a new class to master which will be referred to as retraining.

Armory

1. Teshin will have a set armory for the Dax guards where Tenno may acquire blueprints in order to craft weapons for the guards (and of course for themselves 😁).
  2. Each weapon will require the guard to be a certain level in order to make use of it as there will be "tiers" for each weapon type (the same as Tenno requiring a certain Mastery Rank for certain weapons).
  3. Weapons will apply to the six classes.

Classes

1. If a guard has a skill set (class) which you do not like, they can be sent back to Teshin for reconditioning at a certain "fee", provided they reached level 30 at least once.
  2. In order to send a guard for retraining, the guard will have to be at their max level with a fee attached.
  3. Once sent for retraining, the Dax guard will remember their previous mastery of skills (class) so that they can end up being proficient with multiple weapons etc.
  4. Retraining will reset the guard which will result the guard to be like a new one since it will be new to it's new kind of training.
  5. There will be six classes, which will be archer, swordsman, assassin, heavy handed, pole arm, and martial artist (I can't picture a Dax with a gun).
  6. With retraining, a Dax guard can eventually acquire all six classes.
  7. Since retraining will act as a "forma", if and when

Mods and Modding

1. Tenno will be able to acquire mods during missions, specially set out for the guards.
  2. Mods can be applied to both the guard and weapon.

That's all I've got for now but I'll make sure to make changes/improvements when I can think of something. Feel free to leave comments or ideas to ad especially if I may have missed something. Personally I really like the Dax related items in the game especially Teshin, which helped to inspire the idea. I also used to be a huge fan of Assassin's Creed and if I recall correctly, you could recruit Assassins in Revelations and send them out on mission etc. which also helped my idea along.

Hope you as the reader would like the idea and hey maybe the Devs would too 😁.

Edited by JDK753
Improvements
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Helstiir said:

I like the idea. only one thing I am wanting from this, and that is to be able to customize the dax. to be exactly, I'd like them to customize them like the operator

So, instead of just straight up customization, maybe have a recruiting system where you enter certain traits you're looking for, and, within some reason, the system provides you with "applicants" to be your guard.

I got the idea kind of from Final Fantasy 14's system for Grand Company Adventurer Squadrons which allows you to acquire up to 8 NPCs through an application system where they are randomly generated with different gear, classes, and quirks, and there are minor methods of influencing what kind of adventurers that apply to your squadron.

So, say you want a Dax Guard that is tankier. You might make a listing for Dax Guard, Armor+, Health+, Speed -, and Melee focused. Then, you spend a fair amount of time waiting for your advert to be answered, and possibly longer if you want to get more than 1 or 2 applicants. And the applications you get might then have a better chance of having really high base armor and health, but less speed and only wielding melee weapons. Or, you might get one that doesn't have massive health and armor, but still higher than average, but better speed, and wielding a melee and a side arm rather than just the one weapon. The advert for applications could also be preset, so that you can't just put in "I want the perfect soldier with max health, armor, speed, and wielding 3 weapons." To give some realism you'd need to have some give and take on the stats and/or weapons.

Edited by xZeromusx
  • Like 1