Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shawzin music theme for dojo

LVVS

Hi, so

i would love, if there could be a decoration object for the dojo, that played a shawzin song.

Repeatedly, in a loop, similar to the music of the mandacord mechanic. Just waaaaay more laid-back. We would be able to make changes to the duration of one loopround - before it starts repeating. For example twice the length of one mandacord loop, or 4... and maybe adding time to the pause, before it starts repeating. We would compose in a way that behaves maybe like the menu of the mandacord, just a little more detailed because of the spectrum of the available notes. Or we would just play in the song while the needle spins  - basically just recording what is played live by a player, till a given/chosen time is up..?

I hope this idea does not seem to be way to complex to be implemented.

edit2: 

I noticed an idea that is very cool too, -- highly realted ^^ ! this is great!

Edited by nyxtasy
layout and typo - sry- not a native speaker --edit 2 realtion to existing idea
  • Like 1

Yes.

But:
The first thing that comes to mind is.. Imagine your clan founder sets the music to be Absolute chaos, gives no one permissions to change the song, and bails on the clan for a few months.

Two ideas.
1. Have a dojo music mute button option to turn off grating or unwanted songs on client side when you enter the dojo.. or..
2. I'm thinking almost like Tennogen for songs. Voted up for approval, and purchasable through the market. What if players could Busk or get air time for platinum/$? A clan would pay for the track pre-made. ...This could get pretty complicated..

An idea was brought up about having Relays make Shawzin audible, but the problem is the same... The solution there might be to have an emote to sit down with that payer and listen in. ...a feature to tip that player could be nice.. but I'm also worried about starving artists trying to aggressively hard-sell their playing for plat tips if that's the case.

Point is, some quality assurance might be of great benefit to prevent the inevitable terrible-noise-barrage from being a meme. (You know it would, too.)

Edited by kapn655321

You, sir  (or ma'm for instance!), are right on so many points! Once again did not really take much thinking into the matter ^^*

I remember the firt time I placed a bell, and another one, then having a similar phantasie of "lovely hang drum sounds echoing through the dojo". Shortly after I found myself being exposed to a not quite talented calnmember just  having discovered the all new built bells. The lovely imaginative hang drum music was gone until today xD

• Like 1

When I first made a dojo years back, I knew right away it needed a drum and bell room.
Shawzin stole my heart on it's release. It was surreal, having always imagined being able to have some sort of in game guitar.. it was a thought so obscure I didn't even consider bringing it up all those years. I want whoever was involved in making and creating the shawzin project to know, they are so incredibly special to me.

Unfortunately, the clan interaction I've cultivated, (and in part the game's intrigue being elsewhere) has not lent itself to rehearsing symphonies with the bros.

Little by little, these sorts of mechanics trickle in. Low key.. my anticipation is frothing. I imagine some day just a few years from now, we just might have our very own Tenno run concert and performance halls. I love this. If clans could orchestrate and play a song, that would be Outstanding. One of the main reasons this would be so incredibly unlikely, is that so much of the game is reward based incentive.. so I feel it's almost necessary that the Possibility for that be integrated, in some small way.

An emote to throw a rose, toss small change plat or credits to players... a feature to record and save the track.. especially to later sell it in the game? That might just work. Or, something like it. Like, if you could flip a coin (a platinum).. Dual purpose: Either a heads or tails style emote, where you pick the plat/cred back up afterwards.. but if you aim that at a shawzin player, they get to keep it. Just brainstorming here. Rewarding a player's creativity outside of combat would really appeal to many players, so long as it can be done in a way that is fool proof from becoming a legitimate bother. Like Tennogen, which is a fine example.

With the recent celebration stream DE did with their sound team, I'm very excited to hear they're being cared for with a new performance hall/studio (or whatever it was,) later this year. Those guys are great. Maybe they use those acoustics to make something like that a new performance hall in our dojos... 😉 

P.S. A theater with an orchestra pit would also be excellent. We have RPers in game that would probably Devour that chance to put on a play. Being able to perform Shakespeare in game has got to be some kind of landmark.. and we have among the absolute best costume depts. on our side. (DE/Tennogen/fashionframe)

Edited by kapn655321

A true masterpiece is never finished. This particular piece (Warframe) has a unique double-edged quality that invites us to relate to the creative process in a way other mediums just don't. Think of a piece of music, and it's creator; we may hear something that impresses us immensely, but if you ask the creator, they probably see more room for improvement than we could even imagine. Warframe is fascinating, in that we sometimes feel the same frustrations of the artist through the project.. we invest emotionally in the completion and care of the project. We (players) may even empathize with Warframe, not for it's story characters and plot conflicts alone, but as though we have our own brick placed in a construction of a massive kingdom. As some would chide themselves on, or seek validation and comfort through the process, we project that into this medium.

Players care about the development of this game in a way that calls on things in us akin to childcare, and get emotionally perturbed much as someone would if they saw a parent, "raising their baby wrong." This is something in art that's only felt traditionally by the artist or architect themselves. It's both vicarious and detached, while being deeply personal at the same time. It is a rare historical moment that such an artistic vision can inspire that sense of belonging and personal stake, especially in something so frivolous as the success of a videogame. Perhaps Star Wars has been similar? Not even a giant like Disney has struck this chord, as they keep their process hidden away to prevent the sort of intervention and personal investment we put in.. Where as Warframe braves that chaos, so that neither we nor they are spared from the vulnerable and tumultuous process that is creation. It's pretty dang neato.

This isn't like entertainment as we know it.. it's not a ticket stub to a concert, but like we're a member of sports team as it trains to make the finals. This is why you see so many people thinking it's a big deal when they say, "they're going to quit playing because this or that." People feel so close to it that they pull similar drastic ultimatum style maneuvers, like to the ol', "If you leave me I'll hurt myself." Those feelings bang on a handful of the same neurons, which is Bonkers! It takes such an immensely elaborate, intimate, and personal connection to ever elicit that sort of response. Which, it's sad to see people get that wrapped up in it with no way to cope with or de-escalate that feeling within themselves... but on the bright side, perhaps this is a relatively safe way to explore and diffuse that? In some small way, this medium (could and) may be therapeutic.. and that's certainly made more (potentially) possible by having this (generally) positive, supportive, caring, and considerate player base. It takes a village, they say.. and we tend to be a pretty darn good village. Not without it's problems, with a whole spectrum of personalities across the board; even the more grizzled ones tend to exhibit some remarkable degree of expertise in de-escalation, accountability, and acceptance.

Every mechanic they add, as we proposed here, encourages that a player, "stop and smell the roses." Any time we can appreciate, build towards, and encourage that investment toward one another, the healthier we may all become as a result. Team cooperative play, emphasizing fun and sociability over cold rewards. It's something we crave in a way totally unlike new twinkly-shinies and leaderboards. By having a more rounded offering to the human experience, we may in small part help encourage having more well rounded humans.

Edited by kapn655321