Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quality Of Life For Some

(PSN)TheDopestFox

First off, this might not apply for every player on Warframe. As a player, who has been apart of the game since it first came out as well.

This post is about Cetus/Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna/Orb Vallis and a few ideas for changes for a quality of life for players.

I'm just going to get straight to the point of this post. For Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna, allow players to enter a solo session without enemy spawns. 

After hours/days/weeks and etc of grinding out content, it's nice and relaxing to be able to mine/fish/gather in peace. I spend more time killing enemy spawns while trying to gather one node than I actually spend on gathering. And having enemy spawns, that will and have came across the entire map just to attack players is tiring. I have seen and read that I'm not the only player to have this issue. 

I know DE has noticed this problem and complaint that players like me have. That is why they added the addon for the mining tool for enemies not to notice the player. I wonder has anyone told them, that this addon for the mining tool..does not work at all? 

I spend 99.9% of my time, fighting off enemy spawns trying to gather/farm. It does take a toll on players. 

Allow players who are maxed rep with Cetus and Fortuna to be able to spawn into sessions without spawns. 

A few ideas.

1) Like above, allow players who are maxed rep with Cetus/Fortune to be able to do solo sessions with/without spawns 

2) Or allow players who are hunting/fishing/mining/"herbing' to have an aura around them that allows them not to be seen by enemy spawns.

3) Drastically change sight meters of enemies. (Having enemies spot you from across the map is an issue)

After grinding and farming, it would be nice to relax, enjoy myself and to be able to fish/mine/hunt/gather in peace, but when all I am doing is killing/fighting enemies that run across the map just to attack me, spending more time doing that, what able to fish/mine/hunt/gather truly does take a toll on players. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (PS4)TheDopestFox said:

I know DE has noticed this problem and complaint that players like me have. That is why they added the addon for the mining tool for enemies not to notice the player. I wonder has anyone told them, that this addon for the mining tool..does not work at all? 

I would say it's working as intended, and the first part of the description just needs to be changed.  It silences the tool.  If you're alerting enemies by other means then that doesn't mean the widget is broken.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)TheDopestFox said:

2) Or allow players who are hunting/fishing/mining/"herbing' to have an aura around them that allows them not to be seen by enemy spawns.

And what would identify a player as hunting/fishing/mining?  If it's simply that they have the tool out then that'll be incredibly easy to abuse.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)TheDopestFox said:

3) Drastically change sight meters of enemies. (Having enemies spot you from across the map is an issue)

Nope.  For me the whole appeal of the open world areas is that you aren't confined to close range combat.  By reducing the sight distance for enemies you're opening up another easily abused avenue which would result in either the spawn radius being reduced or ranged weapons being kicked in the teeth.

All in all I think you just need to not blindly wander into areas where there are enemies.  Consider which locations are optimal and bring the right type of gear to deal with the few enemies you do come across.  We don't need to make this game even more mindless that it already is.