Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Sound Effects And Possible Solution

Didoguard

I am writing this one kinda late but I can see a lot of people complaining about the loud sound of the Soma rifle. I personally think it's awesome. Actually I think that the original Braton sound and Gorgon sound were 10 times better than the new ones ( and that was the reason why I sold my braton a day after the sound changes update ). But my opinion is not everybody's opinion and a lot of people liked these changes when they happened. From the rant I see now about Soma I am guessing that the sound effects on it will be screwed as well sooner or later "for the greater good" of the player base. The noise suppression mode on the rifles is going in the right direction but can we do something better. Can we have a sound option for each gun just like we have option on color. I am giving examples with the guns I noticed a bigger change and had impact on my decision to keep one or not - sorry about that, it's a personal opinion.

Like if you are a fan of the old braton sound - switch to it. If you like the new one - stay with it. I've noticed people complaining about the dual vipers sound as well in the past. The new gorgon sound is just horrible and if it wasn't the cata and forma on it I would have sold this one too. I don't wanna shoot a gun with such a mighty name with sound effect on bb gun or a nail gun. How a boltor can have a deeper more like a bass sound effect when shooting needles ( nails if you wish ) and a huge automatic machine gun a sound of child throwing hand full of nails at a wooden board.

I guess the old sounds of the guns are still somewhere in the data base. With a single option this shouldn't be that hard to make. Of course this idea could go even deeper and you could have types of weapons which can use same gun barrel sounds. For example you want a strun wrath with the heavy bass sound of the Hek. Imagine you could obtain a gun barrel when you level a gun to 30 but don't wanna forma or cata it. The other option is to use it for collector purposes or sell it for few credits. What if we could extract the gun barrel ( or any specific part giving the firing sound ) of that gun and mount it on a similar class weapon. The gun would be destroyed but you will keep the sound effect mod just like an alternative helm for warframe. Of course there will be limitations. We talk about categories of weapons. We don't wanna see Lex's firing sound on a Soma or Vasto's firing sound on Sobek.

What's your opinion on this. Do you like it? Do you want a personal customization of your weapon sound effects instead of just getting stuck with one sound whether you like it or not?

having users be able to choose their weapon sounds from different is as always, a good thing.

however i don't want to grind for weapon sounds. absolutely not. i don't want to see weapons sharing sounds. every weapon has it's unique sound(s). they should never share them.