Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Long Range Shotgun!

yarash2110

I would LOVE to see a long range shotgun being in thisgame, it will use rifle mods, it wont have a shotgun's spread or falloff but will have less damage, for example, 80 damage 6 pellets, 2.5 shots per second, maybe accurate as a braton? I dont really understand how accuracy numbers works in terms of numbers, a clip of 6, idk about reload speed, and 5 crit chance? Not to make it viable to crit builds but possible,

i want the old hek playstyle back! Please comment and upvote if you liked the idea, dont flame because of the stats, i just thought they would fit the gun but feel free to suggest other stat combination, thanks for reading

Edited by yarash2110

A shotgun has damage fall off and pellet spread, if you wamt to then call it a shotgun idc but what do you think of the idea?

There's also a reason I said No.

You want to combine a strong shotgun with fast fire rate and a tight cone into a rifle so that we can have decent clip sizes and long range proficiency?

500px-The-mask-guns.jpg

Edited by EganMC

There's also a reason I said No.

You want to combine a strong shotgun with fast fire rate and a tight cone into a rifle so that we can have decent clip sizes and long range proficiency?500px-The-mask-guns.jpg

as i said it will have less damage then almost every shotgun in the game besides the boar prime that has huge crits, and i also said that im not sure about the stats, dont search for reasons to flame if you dont have one and dont comment if you dont read the whole thread

A shotgun with the accuracy of the Braton with all bullets clumped together would make all other rifles and shotguns useless and I don't think that the devs wants that. ;)

it wont, because it will have low damage for shotguns and low clip and rate of fire for rifles, so it will be a weak shotgun but with better range, and avrage clip and rof, idk whats is avrage fire rate in terms of shotguns, and as i said im not sure about the stats, so please just look at the damn idea! Dont say its op because the stats aren't 100% right

Multishot? Or Burst fire?

Really different mechanics here....

One is a long-range, multiple projectiles that travels in a more less of a cone/path linear to the barrel - tight choke shotgun

The other is a long-range, several rounds of projectiles travelling in a linear path to the barrel one after another - burst-fire rifles

The reason the devs nerfed Hek (I think this is why) is that it was simply too powerful at ANY range. It's a shotgun, not a cannon. It needs to behave like a shotgun.

If you are advocating for another burst-fire rifle, preferably 3-round burst, medium range accuracy, minimal recoil and small clip (21), I'll put in my two-cents vote into it.

If you are advocating for another burst-fire rifle, preferably 3-round burst, medium range accuracy, minimal recoil and small clip (21), I'll put in my two-cents vote into it.

We have the Burston (3-round burst) and the Hind (5-round burst) and I think that covers it but we could get a semi-auto shotgun with less spread but also less damage firing from a box magazine of say... 10 rounds.

We have the Burston (3-round burst) and the Hind (5-round burst) and I think that covers it but we could get a semi-auto shotgun with less spread but also less damage firing from a box magazine of say... 10 rounds.

Kinda forgot about Burston.

Sounds like a Sobek, but semi-auto.

Multishot? Or Burst fire?

Really different mechanics here....

One is a long-range, multiple projectiles that travels in a more less of a cone/path linear to the barrel - tight choke shotgun

The other is a long-range, several rounds of projectiles travelling in a linear path to the barrel one after another - burst-fire rifles

The reason the devs nerfed Hek (I think this is why) is that it was simply too powerful at ANY range. It's a shotgun, not a cannon. It needs to behave like a shotgun.

I said multishot not burst fire, and also hek had 140 damage, see any difrence between 80 and 140?

A shotgun has damage fall off and pellet spread, if you wamt to then call it a shotgun idc but what do you think of the idea?

Shotguns in real life actualy have a tighter spread than in most video games and long barreled versions like those used for hunting are precise on up to 60 meters or more, which is more precise than most pistols.

Also you can load shotguns with Slugs which are usualy sabot style shells that fire a single large bullet. So you can have shotguns without pellets.

Still not sure what you mean with multi shot rifles? You mean like a rifle that has multiple barrels that will fire after another rather than a single barrel or a rotary barrel setup?

Like a volley gun?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volley_gun

A shotgun that fires 4 shells per second with a magazine of 6 shells doesn't sound that great of a design imo.

If you want a tight spread then you will have to give up on the full auto and if you want full auto then you will have to give up on the tight spread just to balance things out.

And I will give you a choice of either 90 or 72 damage (semi-auto) with the lesser damage having a tighter spread.

Edited by RX-74

Just fix the burst weapons. Their shots are too widely spaced for a burst, and the kick is higher than the full-auto guns, when the whole point of burst is to fire multiple shots quickly enough that kick doesn't throw off your aim. As it is, the burst weapons are basically 'pull trigger once for an uncontrolable half second of full-auto.' Give the burst weapons incredibly short time between bullets, and you'll have your multishot rifles.

A shotgun that fires 4 shells per second with a magazine of 6 shells doesn't sound that great of a design imo.

If you want a tight spread then you will have to give up on the full auto and if you want full auto then you will have to give up on the tight spread just to balance things out.

And I will give you a choice of either 90 or 72 damage (semi-auto) with the lesser damage having a tighter spread.

how does semi auto make it better? I really dont understand what are you trying to say, semi auto is not about better or not its about what the person likes and personly i think auto is better,

how does semi auto make it better? I really dont understand what are you trying to say, semi auto is not better then full auto,

Use a sniper if you want old Hek style back. If you got a Vandaltron from the event, it's basically old Hek.

Also, do us all a favor and go do research on guns.

i dont want to use something that kind of acts similer to something that is close to what i want, and idc about how weapons actually work, if you think i should then just tell me and i'l go and research laser rifels and armor ignoring rifels to understand warframe weapons better through real life weapons, because if you shoot an arrow it can penetrate through armor in real life right? Oh and dont forget to check on that laser beam that only reaches about 20 meters and also goes through armor, no i wont do a research on guns

how does semi auto make it better? I really dont understand what are you trying to say, semi auto is not better then full auto,

Full auto shotgun = wide spread

Semi auto shotgun = tighter spread

Why? For balance reasons.

And then you have magazine capacity: 4-7 shells = low tier shotgun, 8-12 shells = middle tier shotgun, 20-30 shells = hight tier shotgun.