Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impossible to join anomaly missions

Faerwald

Alright, so another anomaly has passed, which I wasn't able to do.

Context: I counted the time to the next anomaly. And right on time, it showed up. So I tried to join games, only to be stuck in endless loading. I tried using my own railjack, only to be stuck in endless loading. Had to restart the game every time.

And now here we are, 35 minutes after the start of the anomaly, mission-less and shedu-part-less. 

My remarks then are:

1. Whoever thought up this anomaly system should not be in charge of anything, they are obviously unable to understand what the player's experience will be. Which, you know, as a game developer, is kind of his/her job. In one word: this system is frustrating, punishing, not fun, and makes me kind of hate the game at the moment. Especially since the shedu (which is a STORY item, mind you) can only be acquired from there. This exclusive drop also leads to people leaving the team when no part drops, which prevents people who just want to play the mission to do so. Everybody loses.

2. Although I'll admit that having the game run on Switch in the first place is quite the accomplishment, one has to wonder as to whether you've played your own game on this system. Matchmaking has been difficult, to say the least, since the old blood update, there's always at least one texture glitch, and It seems like railjack brought another layer of RNG to top it off: there's basically a 15-20% that the game breaks before the end of the mission and throws all your progress down the drain. From what I've seen on the forums, this isn't exclusive to the nintendo Switch, but I can only speak for this system (Until cross-save, which cannot come too soon).

I won't talk about the monetization issues, because in my opinion there's always been some, it's simply becoming more obvious.  

Are you proud of this update? I think you should be ashamed of the quality of what you delivered. As a player, this is insulting.