Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do You Hate Melee, De?

Lachryphage

Melee is crap compared to ranged. You have to get into point blank range so melee should have higher damage than guns to compensate, but instead it has less damage. The weapons themselves don't have very good damage and then on top of that the mods are way better for guns. For example steel charge is only 18%, but rifle amp is 27%. Pressure point is 120% and serration is 165%. Why should anyone use melee when it has less range and less damage? It needs to have one or the other, but not both. Since melee outranging guns is obviously silly melee should have more damage instead.

umm....... it's called....."melee"?

and it will never go out of ammos unlike guns........?

and it's always 100% accuracy.......?

well if you want a "range" melee... go glavei or kestrel xD

but er...... guess you're right about the mods (though there's also the case where serration's max% is less than hornet strike, also the multishots. so yeah)

Melee is hated because in a real life situation, running into the fray like nothing matters and throwing your life away solves nothing and just gets you killed.

You need a true incentive not to do that.

In real life, 4 people could not take out an army. Why should a game be restricted to what people can do in real life? That is considerably more boring.

I'm not complaining about melee. Sure, it might not be the most number-crunchingly practical way to kill enemies- but barring conclaves, they're just AI's, it's not like you're competing with other players.

The Kogake is one of the most fun things in warframe. I can jump-kick someone into the air, then punch them in half on the way down? YES PLEASE

When I get a weapon or frame, I think "How fun will this be to play?" not "Is this the most efficient way to waste my life by killing billions of computer-controlled meatshields?"

I'm not saying balance doesn't matter, but jesus people give DE a break. "Why do you hate Melee?" Please. Some players here are the most self-entitled people I've ever seen. (note I said "some" not "all." I love you guys)

Please do give DE constructive feedback, but try to be positive: they're more likely to listen to you like that anyway- you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

but er...... guess you're right about the mods (though there's also the case where serration's max% is less than hornet strike, also the multishots. so yeah)

They have lower DPS than an equivelant tier ranged weapon, have a delay on their only valuable source of damage and they don't have the mods to scale alongside ranged weapons. If I run out of ammo for both my weapons, a) I am either at the wrong level or having a really bad day, b) pretty boned on account of having to resort to inferior weapons.

First thing to do for melee would be to straight up put melee basic damage on par with ranged weapons. A Skana should probably be able to out DPS a Lato at least, I mean c'mon.

Seems you aren't very up-to-date. DE already mentioned that they will completely rebalance melee.

Oh, that's good then. You're right. I'm pretty new at the game so I'm not very up to date. I was just going by what I saw looking through the mods and weapon stats.

I'm not complaining about melee. Sure, it might not be the most number-crunchingly practical way to kill enemies- but barring conclaves, they're just AI's, it's not like you're competing with other players.

The Kogake is one of the most fun things in warframe. I can jump-kick someone into the air, then punch them in half on the way down? YES PLEASE

When I get a weapon or frame, I think "How fun will this be to play?" not "Is this the most efficient way to waste my life by killing billions of computer-controlled meatshields?"

I'm not saying balance doesn't matter, but jesus people give DE a break. "Why do you hate Melee?" Please. Some players here are the most self-entitled people I've ever seen. (note I said "some" not "all." I love you guys)

Please do give DE constructive feedback, but try to be positive: they're more likely to listen to you like that anyway- you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I'm not self entitled, I'm entitled because I'm a paying customer and that entitles me to a product that works properly. DE hating melee is a logical conclusion since nobody in their right mind could possibly think it's balanced at the moment. I really like melee and I want it to be useful for more than just infested maps and one-shotting low level mobs when I'm farming something.

Edited by Lachryphage

What was wrong with pre U7-Melee?

Imagine if Scindo were faster than dual zoren.

Imagine a Fragor that could helicopter you better than dual zoren.

Imagine if you could make Gram swing faster than fangs.

Imagine if single target weapons WERE ACTUALLY GOOD.

Now imagine pre U7-melee.

Imagine if Scindo were faster than dual zoren.

Imagine a Fragor that could helicopter you better than dual zoren.

Imagine if you could make Gram swing faster than fangs.

Imagine if single target weapons WERE ACTUALLY GOOD.

Now imagine pre U7-melee.

So basically for U7 De gutted melee

So basically for U7 De gutted melee

Yes they did.

Pre U7-melee was beautiful.

For once you would see people ontop of a boss with swords and melee weapons.

Back when this game allowed for diversity among playstyles.

If you wanted to melee your way through every single part of the game, risking your life for the sake of getting in that lovely melee strike then you did it.

Melee was so viable it was on par with gunplay and even more fun at times.

Melee was so strong it scared DE so they nerfed it into the waste of time you see now.

Guns never run out of ammo either. The only one I ever managed to run out of ammo with was the soma and I had plenty of ammo to finish the mission with my secondary. This game hands out ammo in almost every room.

Melee is hated because in a real life situation, running into the fray like nothing matters and throwing your life away solves nothing and just gets you killed.

Ahem, speaking of real life situations... Battle of Danny Boy, Iraq 2004 - notable for its bayonet charge and lack of dead among the guys who did the charging.

That's not to say you'd want to do it every time, but it's been pretty well demonstrated that if a guy with a pointy object gets close enough to use it, he's typically got the advantage, it's the whole "getting close enough" bit that tends to be the issue.

In a real life situation nothing survives being hit with a 200 pound axe, people go splat after falling 80 feet, latex doesn't stop bullets, you cannot survive indefinitely in a vacuum as long as nothing takes your last 5hp, 100 rounds do not fit in an assault rifle, and there's a distinct lack of space zombies.