Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Survival

ShadowlQQ

It was too easy, the devs just wanted to make it slightly challenging.

Challenging? oO

On the majority of tile-sets and tile combinations it's plain boring. If you aren't lucky and you get some pipe like tiles, with

closed doors at the sides there aren't even enough enemies to survive till the second capsule arrive.

(Only through oxy drops) That is just some RNG bullS#&$.

And even if they double the spawn rate and numbers, it's nowhere near "challenging". Not even with pug's at high level

missions after 30min+.

Edited by Cryp2Nite

I kinda like new survival, it keeps you mobile and makes you do something more than set up the perfect killzone and watch the mods flow. Old survival had everything I disliked about defense and none of the things I did.

Other, wiser, people than myself have pointed out that the biggest issue with survival is that the weird spawn dynamics and RNG dependence of the new survival are letting it down. I don't have a good solution for the RNG depenence but I think that making the enemy spawn rate escalate rapidly after the first 5 minutes would be great, and by that I mean, make them spawn near us and have all of them rush towards our position. It's survival, not hunt down goons for your oxygen hit.

I dont like the new survival its pretty much get nekros or FAIL, the drop of O2 canisters are too low the whole mode is about how lucky you are with the drops and enemies spawns.

Thats other important point the enemies spawn is $&*&*#(%& low even more if you need to rush a room to actvate a O2 box.

I agree with the OP, the problem with the current maps is that they're full of single exit bottle necks, bad minimap pathing, RNG debacles and not enough enemies to make it viable.

An Arena style map would be better because right now, no skill is involved, it's just luck that you get enough canisters to get to the next waypoint/Life Support drop.

Edited by jaywalker
cleanup

I preferred old survival in only one sense; More to kill. In the Eighteen Minutes I could survival during the Survival Event, I could murder 840 infested or more, playing solo. But when I play nearly 22 minutes or more on the New Survival regime, I can only reach about 500 at best. I prefer it when there is more stuff to kill, more oxygen pods to grab and more time possible. I find playing solo as opposed to 4 players yields far, far less enemies, and as a result, a few too little oxygen pods, which puts you out of the running for the leaderboards if you are a solo player.

I liked the old survival better too. The new one is lacklustre in comparison with too much hunting and not enough killing. If rng tilesets are to be used on survival they should limit the type of rooms that can appear - NO elevators! - and the overall number of rooms should be lower. Enough so you have to keep moving but not so many you can run out trying to find them.