The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Kitguns, i had too high hopes for

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

You know what also sounds cool? Shooting a guy in the head and seeing homing fireworks kill an entire squad of dudes around them.

In many maps, the Pax Seeker projectiles just splash harmlessly into the ceiling. Seeker is great in open worlds but close to pointless in Corpus ships.

Where Pax Charge works best IMO is on a status painting pistol combined with Condition Overload. You can spray a group with 5 different statuses then switch back to melee and you never need to reload.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And I told you what I think was the reason people like it. Which is certianly my reason.

Which you rebuffed by saying its a waste because there are more powerful options.

Its QoL. And I want to use it because its convinient to me.

And it seems its is for others as well.

Since most of the time I see people try and go as hard as possible on "moar damages!" train, I guess it's weird for me to see such an overwhelming amount of preference for QoL.

Then again, I personally find the other options more fun as well, but preference is preference.

46 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I'm not saying you are not allowed to use Charge because it's worse, but I'm wondering why so many people aren't even thinking about those other options.

As was already mentioned, they are already borderline broken without adding more power.  Only time I ever switch out charge are for instances where I want a quicker fire rate and/or mag size on catchmoon or rattleguts, which is what I do for plague star/lephantis.  

The other big factor that makes Charge so appealing is you never have to worry about reloading, so every time you switch weapons you're on a full magazine.  There are mods that do this, but meh... Charge is easier and there is no deciding what to swap out to fit those mods in.  I use Catchmoon for vom's during eidolon hunts since it is so much more efficient than any amp, so it is really nice to never have to worry about having 1 shot left when swapping from prim to sec.

By the time the extra damage from whatever that headshot arcane is called comes into play the enemy's can be downed more efficiently with melee. 

Edited by (PS4)segulibanez65
  • Like 1

23 часа назад, Llamatronian сказал:

In many maps, the Pax Seeker projectiles just splash harmlessly into the ceiling.

Yes, i noticed that too.

@HugintheCrow it's a matter personal preferences. I play Mag, which means unless i fight infested, mobs tend to die from headshots no matter what. The easiest way to do "kill x enemies by a headshot from 100m" is to use Mag. Pax Charge has been my first Pax arcane, however i just can't find it useful in most situations i find myself in. One of the reasons why i dropped all range mods from my Mag, default 100% are just perfectly enough (well i use Arcane Mag Coil helmet, but even without it my Mag is fine).

For me it is not a matter of "efficiency" but, as was mentioned before, a matter of QoL and convenience.