Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Shedu - When silenced, does not do anti-Sentient AoE burst

(PSN)Unstar

When playing as Ivara I put a Hush mod on my Shedu so that I could fire it without breaking stealth.  While the shots do not break stealth, I have noticed that when the clip is emptied entirely, the Shedu does not do the AoE burst that removes Sentient resistances.  I'm guessing this is a bug?  To be specific, if I am already not in stealth, then the AoE burst does happen; it only doesn't happen if I'm in stealth with the Hush mod.

On the off-chance that this isn't a bug, my next best guess would be that the AoE burst "needs" to make noise, and thus the game is preventing me from doing it because it thinks I would be sad if my stealth broke.  Given the choice, though, I'd rather have the ability to use the burst and have it break my stealth temporarily; if I don't want to break stealth, I can intentionally manage my ammo so it doesn't happen.

Naturally I'd prefer if the entire thing were just silenced like the Hush mod suggests, but I know there are exceptions to this rule of what aspects of a gun get silenced.  But I don't want my silencer mod to remove functionality from my weapon.

Edited by (PS4)Unstar
be more specific

I just tried this in the Simulacrum myself.  While there is no sound for the AoE burst, it was still being applied to enemies in the area.  I've also noticed a similar effect with the Sobek using the Shattering Justice and Silent Battery mods.  While stealthed with Ivara, the AoE burst is silent but still affects enemies in the vicinity.

From what I gather, the Hush mod is affecting all weapon noise from the Shedu similar to the Silent Battery affecting the sound from the Shattering Justice mod.  The damage might still alert them, so I would recommend caution for riven challenges that require unalerted enemies.

I was using this in the Sentient Ship against groups of Sentients that were fighting me and the rest of the party.  It was awhile back, but I stood near them and unloaded, and did not get feedback that the burst was being used.  I believe that in addition to no audio effect, there was no visual effect, and though I don't remember perfectly, I would hazard that I also didn't see any flinching or immunity removal.