Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why my friends didn't like railjack and I did

LoafoBread

My friends who are more warframe casual and I have been waiting for the chance to play railjack since it's original reveal at tennocon.Despite them being a little iffy on the game, railjack really made them excited to play. Fast forward to recently, and me, being the only tenno of our group who frequently plays, finished constructing my railjack (which to be honest the wait time is its own issue.)

Anyway, excited to play, I logged onto discord and shared the news, in which everyone started updating for the first time in ages. I never saw them so excited to play before which makes my lonely little tenno heart grow 2x its size. Cut to some update time, a couple glitches getting us all in freeflight, and some really funny animation bugs including powerslide shawzin and set up shop animations, we are all ready to go. I give them the rundown of how it all works, myself already a good chunk of the way through earth. And just like that we are off to the first node! Immediately, it was a smash! Everyone was enjoying their roles and having alot of fun with the new systems and laughing at bugs.

Unfortunately, we hit a snag. Our gunners soon noticed it was really difficult for them to hit anything, and someone else was asking about the upgrade to teleport back using omni, and so on. I explained how intrinsics worked and when we finish the mission, we will head back home and ill show them how to upgrade. A little bit later, we finish the mission, head back to the dojo, and I instruct them on how to go to their dojo and upgrade their intrinsics so they can feel useful. It seems however only people who own a railack are able to upgrade their intrinsics? So now for my entire squad besides me, who don't have much in resources need to do a week of timegated farming, and a whole questline, just to build their railjacks they won't use, just so they can be useful on someone else's railjack?! The energy was sucked out of the call, and it wasn't long before they all went to bed. 

My point is, if there was a way to upgrade your intrinsics, without owning a railjack, there would be at least three more people playing warframe right now. But as of right now, im sitting in my orbiter alone, soloing my way through the saturn nodes. Difficulty, grind, and rewarding  players for their time is important, and i'm a fan of making a meaningful grind that rewards you for your time invested. But it shouldn't trample on new players ability to be valuable and progress. 

There is a way but in typical DE fashion it is hidden. If you are in your orbiter you can go ESC -> profile (where you change your glyph) -> intrinsics to upgrade them. No, I dont know what possessed them to hide it there of all places. I really dont like how pretty much every bit of basic abilities and functionality is locked behind intrinsics or RNG drops. That's like if you had to  farm your frame abilities on some random planet with drop rates like condition overload and if you could only bullet jump with a frame once it has reached lvl 25.

9 minutes ago, LoafoBread said:

if there was a way to upgrade your intrinsics, without owning a railjack, there would be at least three more people playing warframe right now.

Well there is actually.

When on orbiter : press ESC - profile - intrinsics