Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet Conversion Mods

trazard

I had a problem falling asleep this morning and like every spaceninja, my thougts orbited around warframe for a while.

One of the thougts was the following:
Why does everyone use the arcrid (or simmilar weapons) on high level maps?

The answer is simple: They ignore armor!

So what could DE do to increase the variety of guns used in late-game?
My answer is: Add Bullet conversion mods!

This would be my suggestion on the mechanics:
Add three mods for each weapon type (rifles (but not shotguns), sidearms and melee), that changes a part of the basic damage into one of the following damage types: Armorpiercing, physics impact or serrated blade.
It would cost a lot (8-11 points) and convert about 15 - 25 %/rank of the base damage into the chosen damage type.

And as a bonus I thougt of some names that might or might not fit the purpose:
AP: Full metal jackets, perforating, sharp edge
PI: High calliber, Osmium coating, brute force
SB: Hollow bullets (Serration is alredy taken, isn't it?),Shredding rounds , fragmentation

Now if you would excuse me, I have some salvage to farm.

The Acrid seems to have really dropped away from peoples use now. I've been doing a few high level runs and not seen a single Acrid.

Your idea is interesting, but we should wait for Armour 2.0 first. Ontop of, some weapons are better with certain damage types, due to they way they fire or act. (We also already have an armour piercing mod, its called Piercing Hit, Flechette, and No Return)

@Oobleck
Not quite,
these mods would not be efficient enough to be considered a solution for the armor scaling problem rather a possibility for the fans of braton, lato and skana to use their favourite weapon on ceres and pluto.

@cash
Maybe it would be slotted in an aura-like slot (not adding mod capacity of course)

also:
It's just an idea I had at 3 am.
I haven't hougt it through.

@Oobleck

Not quite,

these mods would not be efficient enough to be considered a solution for the armor scaling problem rather a possibility for the fans of braton, lato and skana to use their favourite weapon on ceres and pluto.

@cash

Maybe it would be slotted in an aura-like slot (not adding mod capacity of course)

also:

It's just an idea I had at 3 am.

I haven't hougt it through.

fair point, +1 for nice try :D