Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have Void Traces drops buffed?

DCaedus

I wanted to farm Ivara and Aksomati Prime but didn't have any traces, so I did a long excavation mission.

After 1 hour of farming I can finally rad 2 of the 10 or mayb 20 relics that I will need to share to obtain both Ivara and Aksomati P. Depending on my luck.

iOnmDRe.png

You could buy a resource booster, play an endless interception mission with a decent team long term for faster grinding at about 2 mins a round at max speed, or incubate/use a Smeeta Kavat for a boost/additional boost.

(Also worth noting that the resource booster obtained in endless fissure missions increase in increments of 25% , once every 5~ rounds from receipt of initial booster)

Edited by (XB1)NikeSkater26
Added note

Honestly, I don't disagree with an increase to the minimum to 10, however, the smeeta (when it does buff you) tends to offset this, and when combined with a resource booster leads to 4 times multiplier on anything you pick up, including void traces, which turns that minimum from 6 to 24, and that's minimum per round. Which doesn't even factor in the additional up to 15 you can recieve from other players (which the jump from 1 to 5 was an amazing and much needed upgrade)

On 2020-02-15 at 7:05 PM, (XB1)NikeSkater26 said:

Honestly, I don't disagree with an increase to the minimum to 10, however, the smeeta (when it does buff you) tends to offset this, and when combined with a resource booster leads to 4 times multiplier on anything you pick up, including void traces, which turns that minimum from 6 to 24, and that's minimum per round. Which doesn't even factor in the additional up to 15 you can recieve from other players (which the jump from 1 to 5 was an amazing and much needed upgrade)

Thing is, this again forces eveyrone to play in a VERY specific way.

For example I want to use Helios, and don't even managed to get all DNA to have kavats.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

Thing is, this again forces eveyrone to play in a VERY specific way.

For example I want to use Helios, and don't even managed to get all DNA to have kavats.

A fair point, in the early ranks it can be a bit difficult to obtain a kavat, however, you don't have to use the smeeta, you can simply use a commonplace resource booster (bringing your minimum to 12) if you desire to play a certain way, it will simply hinder your yields (Smeeta buff is good, but not the most reliable so not quite halved as the numbers would imply). As for stifling your playstyle choice of companion I wouldn't neccesarily qualify it as such, I love to use my Helios as much as the next person, but companions are not meant to be universally interchangeble if they were it would render the entire companion system pointless. Also, it's not particularly specific, as I mentioned you can go about it any way you so choose (even if you use the Smeeta, every other aspect of your loadout is independant of that choice), however, like much of the rest of the game there are better and worse options, for different purposes.

Note: Compnions only real unique qualities are for the most part in those passive abilities.

Tips:

- Orokin Derelict Captures (an effective way to farm Kavat Genetic Code)

- Synthesis scanner + infinite use widget + double yield widget (From Simaris) quite worthwhile, especially with a resource booster.

- to conserve resources, if Kavats aren't found before completeing the objective, abort to save the key (if resources are that tight) to maximize yields.

- As any veteran player will tell you, hit the index for credits, unless you can effectively take down Profiit Taker, especially with a credit booster, as it does apply to payouts

- To minimize costs and waits, I suggest picking up the Nutrio Segment from the Tenno Lab in your clan dojo, trust me, you'll want it, especially until the pet rework.

Added tips