Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Windows UI Scaling Breaks the launcher since 27.1.2

Tsukinoki

I run warframe on a computer that has the windows UI scaling set to 200% to make it easier to use some programs.  This worked great until the latest hotfix where this:

K2np7ei.png

started to happen.  As you can see the launcher is now very annoying to use.  I can still launch the game but I have to do a lot of scrolling in order to get to the "Play" button.

If I set the UI scale to 100% it looks fine...but that makes everything on my screen too small to comfortably use:

v9WhE4H.png

This wasn't a problem before the 27.1.2 update so I hope that it can be fixed relatively quickly so that the launcher works correctly regardless of windows ui scaling.

11 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

I run warframe on a computer that has the windows UI scaling set to 200% to make it easier to use some programs.

3 minutes ago, Degaz3000 said:

I'm also having the same problem, while using a 125% Windows UI scale with a 1920x1080 screen resolution.

As a temporary workaround on the Warframe shortcut, right click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> "Change high DPI settings" and on the bottom under "High DPI scaling override" tick the box "Override high DPI scaling behavior." and select Scaling performed by: System, or System (Enhanced). This will make Windows do the scaling for the Launcher as the Chromium framework it uses seems to have issues with the scaling right now.

@hix3r

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked like a charm!
I only had to make one small change to the steps you listed, and it might be due to using the steam version or something else:
When I got to the compatibility page I had to click on "Change settings for all users..." and then "Change high DPI settings".  If I didn't do that I couldn't change the setting for "High DPI Scaling Override"

Its odd I had to click on that button as I'm the only user on my system...but whatever.  At least the launcher is much more usable now.