Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sacrifice Mod, Djinn Interaction and Reawaken timers

Kalvorax

Would there be any way to make Djinn used Sacrifice instantly upon the warframe going down? Its going to blow up at the end of it anyway. More often than not I take Djinn with me to endless missions or even high level missions just because of its Reawaken Precept of respawning after 90 seconds. If i go down it will almost instantly take ANY aggro and get destroyed, thus making the sacrifice mod pointless.

I also think that the Reawaken mod should have some...incentive...to make the cooldown faster, like headshots with a secondary or multiple kills within x amount of seconds takes off 10 seconds of the timer. There are times where 90 seconds feel like eternity, especially in endless missions.

personally, i feel that Reawaken should be a staple for ALL companions, not just djinn. the Regen mod helps, buts its limited uses is rather cumbersome in endless missions and/or hiugh level missions with enemies having a ton of splash damage that will one shot them anyways. I know WHY it was designed for djinn, but that sentinel is still so paper thin that its useless for what it was designed for and instead is a utility to keep at least one sentinel viable.

All Sents should have a 120 second respawn after the (primed)Regen respawns run out, after that 120 seconds the sent regenerates and (primed)regen could trigger again, Djinns reawaken could reduce the cooldown -90 seconds to 30 seconds respawn.

If the Sent has Sacrifce it should reset all aggro (or go invi) as soon as the frame goes down and then start to do its job, like you pointed out, otherwise it is killed the same moment the frame goes down (sacrifice would trigger the 120s(30s) respawn cooldown of the sent)

Sacrifice would have to get a cooldown and/or a limit of like 3 times useable, otherwise it would be a rev every 30(120) seconds

Edited by Shonaney
  • Like 2

I would leave everything to do with Sacrifice and lack of respawns the same but just remove the possibility for sentinels to draw enemy aggro. It's never a good and fair mechanic. Optionally, remove the delay on Sacrifice, which only happens in a squad - on solo, as long as it's the first in precept order, it'll trigger immediately when you go down. 

With my (prime) sentinels, I use Primed Regen. When I go down, my sentinel is immediately blasted, but in solo, its invulnerability period lasts longer than the Sacrifice revive does, so it doesn't lose two lives instead of one. In a squad, there's obviously the chance I'll be revived, but a very good chance my sentinel will have been blasted and lost a life regardless of having not revived me, and there are obviously cases that I'm away from the squad and could use the revive, like in Railjack.

But it's not just Sacrifice. I can't leave my frame for ten seconds to use my operator to hack a console, revive a teammate, or just make a quick escape without all of the fire that was previously pointed only at my frame being targeted straight at my sentinel. And that's just dumb. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

I would leave everything to do with Sacrifice and lack of respawns the same but just remove the possibility for sentinels to draw enemy aggro. It's never a good and fair mechanic. Optionally, remove the delay on Sacrifice, which only happens in a squad - on solo, as long as it's the first in precept order, it'll trigger immediately when you go down. 

With my (prime) sentinels, I use Primed Regen. When I go down, my sentinel is immediately blasted, but in solo, its invulnerability period lasts longer than the Sacrifice revive does, so it doesn't lose two lives instead of one. In a squad, there's obviously the chance I'll be revived, but a very good chance my sentinel will have been blasted and lost a life regardless of having not revived me, and there are obviously cases that I'm away from the squad and could use the revive, like in Railjack.

But it's not just Sacrifice. I can't leave my frame for ten seconds to use my operator to hack a console, revive a teammate, or just make a quick escape without all of the fire that was previously pointed only at my frame being targeted straight at my sentinel. And that's just dumb. 

yeah, after i wrote this I found that when doing finishers against enemies the sentinel will ALSO take full agro. I had one grineer literal melee it to death as i was doing a finisher on another enemy 😐 So it is definitely an agro problem.