Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse Need Buff

luanle21

i'm almost speechless. 

i can use Synapse on Infested, and still mow them down. Ancients do sort've eat up ammo, but they too die pretty easily up till ~lv50. 

HHQFEFe.png

my build works just fine, i don't know what you're doing wrong. 

it's effective against all enemy types(only low level Ancients), and is a very tactile weapon.

if you don't have a Potato, or any Forma on a weapon, expect it to be crap. you effectively have ~25% of a weapons' true effectiveness without a Potato and Forma. 

and i don't even use Rifle Amp. or Volt.

clearly, you're doing something very pecuilar with your Synapse(maybe holding it backwards?). 

also, if you're having ammunition problems, shoot enemies in weakspots. also don't hold the trigger down. i use Trigger Discipline and with Synapse i rarely run out of ammo, only if i'm fighting Infested do i get low, since Ancients will eat a lot of ammo. an ammo pool card is a great, cheap way to keep Synapse from running out of ammo anyways. i was debating with myself whether i wanted to put on Hellfire, Stormbringer, or Ammo Drum, but i ended up deciding it was doing good damage already, and went for more ammo.

if i was fighting Infested though, i certainly would swap out either Cryo Rounds or Ammo Drum for Hellfire though.( i don't bother with Wildfire for Synapse, i don't need more magazine capacity, just more damage)

without AP the gun is uselss 0 dmg is done to any of the faction other then corpus

lel AP is only necessary for high level Heavy Grineer. however, due to it's across the board usefulness, you might as well have it all the time.

but Crits come first. Synapse requires Crits to be effective. 

Edited by taiiat

So in this thread we learned what an uninformed OP thinks about a gun that is too expensive.

its not that expensive, its more cheap the anything (was thinking DE gonna make its cost 20 mass and 5 forma to "make more play value")

i'm almost speechless. 

i can use Synapse on Infested, and still mow them down. Ancients do sort've eat up ammo, but they too die pretty easily up till ~lv50. 

HHQFEFe.png

my build works just fine, i don't know what you're doing wrong. 

it's effective against all enemy types(only low level Ancients), and is a very tactile weapon.

if you don't have a Potato, or any Forma on a weapon, expect it to be crap. you effectively have ~25% of a weapons' true effectiveness without a Potato and Forma. 

and i don't even use Rifle Amp. or Volt.

clearly, you're doing something very pecuilar with your Synapse(maybe holding it backwards?). 

also, if you're having ammunition problems, shoot enemies in weakspots. also don't hold the trigger down. i use Trigger Discipline and with Synapse i rarely run out of ammo, only if i'm fighting Infested do i get low, since Ancients will eat a lot of ammo. an ammo pool card is a great, cheap way to keep Synapse from running out of ammo anyways. i was debating with myself whether i wanted to put on Hellfire, Stormbringer, or Ammo Drum, but i ended up deciding it was doing good damage already, and went for more ammo.

if i was fighting Infested though, i certainly would swap out either Cryo Rounds or Ammo Drum for Hellfire though.( i don't bother with Wildfire for Synapse, i don't need more magazine capacity, just more damage)

lel AP is only necessary for high level Heavy Grineer. however, due to it's across the board usefulness, you might as well have it all the time.

but Crits come first. Synapse requires Crits to be effective. 

okie i try ur build set up right after i can get a few forma (if RNG allows me)

okie i try ur build set up right after i can get a few forma (if RNG allows me)

you don't even really 'need' to use the Forma, it simply fits everything on there. 

mostly, the Crits will make a massive difference. it brings the base damage from 9, to 52, per 'tick'. and the number of ticks per ammo used, i seems to be around 3, in my experience. 

after Crits, Serration is certainly an important one, and AP isn't ever not useful, and Ice damage slows enemies down and burns shields - which like Flux, Synapse is basically useless against without.

I don't use it against anything but corpus as I built it specifically for that faction. With volt's shield, it does more than 1,000 damage per shot. That's insane. 

I switch to other weapons when I face other factions. I like it that way. I'm not sticking with one uber weapon for all factions. 

I don't use it against anything but corpus as I built it specifically for that faction. With volt's shield, it does more than 1,000 damage per shot. That's insane. 

I switch to other weapons when I face other factions. I like it that way. I'm not sticking with one uber weapon for all factions. 

i rather not use a frame to make the gun better so looks like i need to find more forma bp so i can forma the thing

Max serration [f]

Max split chamber [f]

Max point strike [f] (can switch with any future damage mods)

Max hammer shot [f] (can switch with cryo rounds)

Max vital sense

Max hellfire [f]* (can switch with strombringer for special events)

Max piercing strike

rifle ammo mutation

You don't have to use all five forma, but by forma-ing every TYPE of slot, it's pretty much future proof.