The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Mouse DPI is broken

Mr.ZeroLord

I turned down the mouse sensitivity in the settings down to 20 and its still too fast.
The system DPI i set in my system settings and my Mouse Program is only working inside the settings menu for some reason. Means when I'm normally walking around I'm spinning like crazy.
The support told me to get over here bcs resetting all settings and checking the gamefiles did also not work. For some reason the DPI inside the Warframe Logs (DxDiag.log) are up to 100 percent even when i turned them down ingame

Mouse: Logitech G502

//oh and btw i already got this bug like years ago, the game got deinstalled between today and back then 

Edited by Mr.ZeroLord

The mouse DPI is still scaling with the settings tho, means i need to turn down the DPI inside the settings down to 10 to walk normally. Could it be that the DPI from a low resolution is still present and the DPI from the new resolution is not getting accepted or sth? 

Yeah unfortunetly this thing is exist.. when i reinstalled the game i automatically set my sensitivity to 7 ingame, i dont know why other games control the look sensitivity well iam using my logitech (dunno what i ahve like 2+4 button on top 2 main and 4 others) mouse on 600 DPI imo and it works outside and inside other games perfectly but yeah in wf without reducing sensitivity under 10 you cannot play because you spinning like an idiot 😄

On 2020-02-25 at 7:29 AM, Mr.ZeroLord said:

The mouse DPI is still scaling with the settings tho, means i need to turn down the DPI inside the settings down to 10 to walk normally. Could it be that the DPI from a low resolution is still present and the DPI from the new resolution is not getting accepted or sth? 

Okay listen, here's what you do. Make sure your screen is on borderless fullscreen mode, then turn all of the in-game mouse related sensitivities to Zero. Yes I mean 0. Then go to your system settings and set pointer speed to as low as it goes. Then With the logitech gaming software I assume you have installed, adjust dpi there with profiles between 2000 and 12000, depending on your taste. Remember especially what you want for a DPI shift value, but If you havent gotten to that part then, use the G9 button to switch around built in mouse profiles along with G7 and G8 to select sensitivity. UI sensitivity wont go lower then 50, but thats only an issue if your not doing borderless full screen as fullscreen is bugged where the sensitivity is on max and will only chance if on borderless. Rail jack needs to be about 5 or 10 because that one is rather insensitive.

The reason why everything is going so fast is probably because you have the dpi on the mouse set to high, and with the windows and ingame settings being to high evenything files fast, but once they are down to 0, then it works beautifully with the logitech software. I know all this because I have this mouse, and people are clueless and will probably tell you something like "you need to move around or jump while aiming to adjust..." or something really disconcertingly stupid, And you've probably noticed how with your current settings that trying to aim around results in the aiming going to the nearest square in a grid and hence forth cannot make a head shot 100 meters away without waiting for the npc to move to the right square in the grid you have aimed at. Welcome to Logitech mouse master race 😺

Edited by Matheoryon

• 2 weeks later...
Am 28.2.2020 um 00:16 schrieb Matheoryon:

Okay listen, here's what you do. Make sure your screen is on borderless fullscreen mode, then turn all of the in-game mouse related sensitivities to Zero. Yes I mean 0. Then go to your system settings and set pointer speed to as low as it goes. Then With the logitech gaming software I assume you have installed, adjust dpi there with profiles between 2000 and 12000, depending on your taste. Remember especially what you want for a DPI shift value, but If you havent gotten to that part then, use the G9 button to switch around built in mouse profiles along with G7 and G8 to select sensitivity. UI sensitivity wont go lower then 50, but thats only an issue if your not doing borderless full screen as fullscreen is bugged where the sensitivity is on max and will only chance if on borderless. Rail jack needs to be about 5 or 10 because that one is rather insensitive.

The reason why everything is going so fast is probably because you have the dpi on the mouse set to high, and with the windows and ingame settings being to high evenything files fast, but once they are down to 0, then it works beautifully with the logitech software. I know all this because I have this mouse, and people are clueless and will probably tell you something like "you need to move around or jump while aiming to adjust..." or something really disconcertingly stupid, And you've probably noticed how with your current settings that trying to aim around results in the aiming going to the nearest square in a grid and hence forth cannot make a head shot 100 meters away without waiting for the npc to move to the right square in the grid you have aimed at. Welcome to Logitech mouse master race 😺

Jo thanks for the help! sadly it does not work bcs the settings from the logitech software does get used and the settings from the system gets ignored. means even when i lower the pointerspeed down to 0 in the sys. settings and adjusting the DPI in my mouse programm i do spin even faster xD

I lowered the DPI in my Mouse Programm now down to 1200 and do have now a look sensitivity at 25... Guess i have to deal with a snail cursor in the settings tab then... 
Pls try to fix those kind of bugs (especially when they are older than a year)... They kinda do lower excitement when u want to play the game with friends... 

Edited by Mr.ZeroLord

22 hours ago, Mr.ZeroLord said:

I lowered the DPI in my Mouse Programm now down to 1200 and do have now a look sensitivity at 25... Guess i have to deal with a snail cursor in the settings tab then... 
Pls try to fix those kind of bugs (especially when they are older than a year)... They kinda do lower excitement when u want to play the game with friends... 

What is BCS? What logitech software are you using? Put it all down to 0 and use specificially the "logitech gaming software". They are trying to push this program called logitech hub, but it doesnt work well and your options are far less. I still dont understand your problem with it, so please explain it in detail.