Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full melee - quick hip-fire

Scar.brother.help.me

Since we can quick-melee from firearms why not let us quickly shoot from the hip while in full melee without aim? 
We still have our unused Left Click while switched to full melee and sometimes we need to make just one or a few shots without aim and then continue slashing around.

This would allow players to stay, if they prefer to play more melee-style, full-melee most of the time. I like Heavy Builds since melee 3.0 and I need to stay full melee for easy Heavy Attacks. But sometimes i have to use firearms. I don't even need to aim so much, melee crosshair is enough and blocking would be much more tactical may be with some accuracy penalty or recoil with quick hip-fire.

#quick-hip-fire

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me

37 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

unused Left Click

... Mine's being used though... There's that thing in the options called "Melee with Fire Weapon Input", which allows you to attack with your Melee as it was before the Melee Phase 1 release by using the Fire button (default bind being "Left Click") to attack instead of the Quick Melee key.

However, I can only speak for myself here. I have no idea if other players are also using this optional setting... Now, using the Quick Melee key, while in Full Melee, to do a quick hip-fire? That's probably a good idea, generally speaking.

• Like 1

Suggestion: Use left-click to "quick hip fire" in full melee mode if "Use Fire Button For Melee" is disabled. If that option is enabled, use Melee key to "quick hip fire" instead. Basically, the option would determine whether you want controls persistence between modes, or whether you want "Fire" to use your "main" weapon and "melee" your other weapon.

And while we're at it, can we please get rid of weapon swap animations across the board? That means gun-to-gun and gun-to-dedicated-melee. One of the reasons Melee 2.9 and 3.0 work so smoothly when mixed in with guns is we don't have the full second of fiddling with our holsters. I'd love to see that done across the board.

13 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Suggestion: Use left-click to "quick hip fire" in full melee mode if "Use Fire Button For Melee" is disabled. If that option is enabled, use Melee key to "quick hip fire" instead. Basically, the option would determine whether you want controls persistence between modes, or whether you want "Fire" to use your "main" weapon and "melee" your other weapon.

Yeah, sounds good. I hope DE notice this.