Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Upgrade

Atomkukac

Right now Railjack missions suck. There are lots of minor things which must be changed by the developers immediately.

1. Matchmaking: An option must be added to be able to join crews OR host a mission with your own ship. 
  2. Matchmaking: Add an option to WAIT till some crewmembers show up and don't force start the mission (just like with regular mission)
  3. Ending missions: Force ending the mission when the last module jhas been picked up must be immediately removed. This sucks. The mission should end either only at reaching exit location or an option shall be added to leave region. The players should be allowed to pick up / farm the region after all the enemies are gone.
  4. Loot: Destroying containers and other things yield goods that are not visible neither on a map or with naked eye. A loot marker (just like with the mods) should be added to be able to track floating loot. 
  5. There should be an option do destroy crewshops with brute force.
  6. Fully disabling crewships with destroying engines or freezing them should be added to the game. This is a joke, that they still shoot at you while no engines or frozen.
  7. Or add a module on the outside of the crewship -> generator. Destroying it would disable ship for at least 30 secs. 
  8. Fixed cannons on enemy battleships are useless. Those should be way more dangerous. Add more range to them.
  9. There should be an indicator atthe tactical screen showing, what are the available functions. It sucks, that you can't extingushi fire or do something remotely due to lack of resuorces.
  10. Remore the REFINE button from the forge. Pressing that in the middle of the mission by new players can result a total failure of the mission due to lack of resources. Add it to the Dry dock.
  11. Ending mission while inside the Railjack lets me move around but no chat function, no menu no nothing. Just running around till the loading happens. What is the purpos of this Makes no sense. Either add a regular load screen or give the player at least the ability to chat / use menu.
  12. Show the enemy levels according the regular standards. The enemies are much tougher and showing the level of 10-15-20 is a joke. Whom are you fooling? Show level 40-60-80 as on the regular mission based on health and armour. 
  13. Add more hints for boarding missions. For new players it is confusing, what needs to be done and where. 
  14. Taking over control of crewships is fun but a useless feature. The only thing missions ask players to do is to destroy them. At least add a "self destruct" option if someone jumps into the pilots seat. 
  15. Mines should be addded as a type of ordenance. 
  16. Docking into the dry dock should be a cutscene and players should be able to skip

This is it for today. Please help players to enjoy this new type of mission, which could be amazing if the functions listed above were addded.

Crew ships spawn alot of res and occasional wreckage when blown.  When im solo I drive every crewship back to my RJ before blowing it up so I get that res.   The wreckage you dont have to worry about, that gets marked.   

If im with others I will explode crewships right where they are for speed.  

------------

What would be cool is if you could jump on pilot seat of a crewship and set a suicide course with another crewship lmao.  When im solo alot of times I have 2+ crewships at once.  (especially with my new way of doing fighters first).   Then when i fight in one crewship the other first shoots at me on the crewship but they always turn and go for my railjack.  So I am always coming home to boarders and damage.   If I could use the first crewship to take out the second that would be awesome.  

1 hour ago, Atomkukac said:
  1. Matchmaking: An option must be added to be able to join crews OR host a mission with your own ship.   AGREE(i thought they did this)
  2. Matchmaking: Add an option to WAIT AGREE
  3. Ending missions: ??? No idea what this is about.  You can stay in missions as long as you want... its probably some other person using your navigate to go back to dock?
  4. Loot: AGREE  Or better yet just give little blue pinprick markers,  they dont have to be the size of avi and wrecks.  But jesus it would be nice to see loot and pick it up during battle.  
  5. There should be an option do destroy crewshops with brute force. ?? Its called Artillery and its a waste of time and ammo =/
  6. Fully disabling crewships AGREE 
  7. Or add a module on the outside of the crewship -> generator. DISAGREE 
  8. Fixed cannons on enemy battleships are useless. Bases???  DISAGREE.  In fact they need to fix enemy aggro to stick to RJ and not archwings.
  9. There should be an indicator atthe tactical screen. ??? You want the force cooldowns/resources to be displaed on tactical menu?? Thats for the engineer.......DISAGREE.  
  10. Remore the REFINE button from the forge. AGREE or put it behind a permission wall.  
  11. Ending mission while inside the Railjack lets me move around but no chat function.  -- Again this sounds like whoever you are running with is smashing naviagtion as soon as mission is over.   You dont lock up until you are warping to next location.  Why we cant chat or or look at screen while moving I have no idea why that is. 
  12. Show the enemy levels according the regular standards.  If your worried about this you shouldnt be in RJ missions.  
  13. Add more hints for boarding missions. DISAGREE.  Do research before doing something you have never done before.  Find the patch notes, watch the devstreams,  look at youtube.  
  14. Taking over control of crewships
  15. Mines should be addded as a type of ordenance. DISAGREE these would be completely worthless.  But I would like to see some name brand missiles and I also think artillery should be an actual weapon type that you have to build/find wrecks for. 
  16. Docking into the dry dock should be a cutscene and players should be able to skip.... it kinda is... you can exit the RJ before its done pulling in and see it slide into the dock...

This is it for today. Please help players to enjoy this new type of mission, which could be amazing if the functions listed above were addded.

On 2020-03-02 at 3:21 PM, (PS4)Mordecai_Vrykul said:

You can absolutely do that. You only leave the map when the host chooses to do so. 

I was forced to exit by the game a million times. My workaround was not to pick up mods marked with yellow markes just farm other stuff. When I pick up the last mod, in some seconds the game forces me to leave the area. Sometimes it jump to a much higher level map, what I cannot complete even with other players. Why does this happen? I dunno.

On 2020-03-03 at 12:53 PM, Atomkukac said:

I was forced to exit by the game a million times. My workaround was not to pick up mods marked with yellow markes just farm other stuff. When I pick up the last mod, in some seconds the game forces me to leave the area. Sometimes it jump to a much higher level map, what I cannot complete even with other players. Why does this happen? I dunno.

it happens because you are clearly not the host of the session. 

Best way to farm is run solo on the earth missions, to start. Park your railjack far away from enemy fighters and fly around. Use a frame like ivara or loki so you can sneak on enemy cruise ships and blow them up quickly and immediately leave without getting swarmed. Then pick off the little fighters. Once the mission is over you have as much time to fly around an gather resources. Rinse and repeat. 

Also:

- Intrinsics still need to be easier to farm.  Perhaps mission completion bonus or mission objective bonus?  

-  AW are still too weak in RJ missions,  What I was most  disappointing with RJ was that the AW were finally integrated into RJ missions, but they are so weak that you have to have a fully maxed out AW to be able to survive outside the RJ.  AW has always been a separate mode, so the prospect of full integration was promising.  Even though Uranus missions have the AW, they are only enabled underwater.   The open worlds only have a limited AW mode.   Perhaps a AW buff when playing on RJ missions?

- The transition after destroying a crewship still does not allow invulnerability long enough to survive.    After destroy a crewship power supply, I was in the pilot seat,waiting for the countdown, and died as soon as the Crewship was destroyed, by the time I clicked the recall, I was dead aboard the RJ.

- Similar thing with the slingshot.  Need temporary invulnerability after slignshot if you don't make it to the crewship.   I had a fighter block my way to a railjack and I was dead by the time I hit the RJ Recall.