Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack missions start without any objectives

Steel_Rook

We encountered an odd issue when trying the new Railjack changes after the Hotfix today. After running a standard mission in Veil Proxima and selecting another mission from the Nav Console on board the Railjack, we'd be taken to an instance without any mission objectives or enemy ships. The Nav console would remain enabled and let us choose another mission at any point, giving us the "Mission Complete!" screen and letting us retain any of the random world resources we'd picked up. It seemed like no matter how many times we tried this, we would never get mission objectives.

One of the things we tried was returning to the Dry Dock and picking a new mission from there. This would indeed put us into a mission with actual objectives (Kill Fighters / Kill Crew Ships), but only sometimes. On multiple occasions, we selected a mission from the Dojo and were still put in one without objectives. In one case, the objective-less mission we were put in contained a Point of Interest - the Shipkiller Platform. We had a waypoint leading to it and its associated objectives worked correctly for both the Away Crew and the Railjack Crew. Sabotaging the Shipkiller Platform didn't seem to stop it from firing the main gun, however - instead it began firing it constantly. Regardless, we did not get a "mission complete" message or any rewards. We were simply left to roam around the instance.

The way our missions behaved is as though we'd selected Free Roam, except in instances generated for real missions. These instances had the occasional fixed turret on an asteroid, as I mentioned before the occasional point of interest as well as a wealth of resource containers we could shoot and loot. We simply never got any mission objectives or any win conditions. It literally felt like we were playing Free Roam.

The majority of what I'm describing here happened with myself as the host, and with myself selecting our missions both in the Dry Dock and at the end of previous missions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, scribedsk said:

Experience the same as OP. 

So far no Earth Proxima node has worked at all, Saturn and Veil are also loading without enemies or mission objectives.

I've experienced a few more of these recently. It seems the central issue there is some kind of desync between players. It never happens to me when I'm solo, only with a group and it usually fixes itself when one of the players on the team quits. When I posted the OP, I was playing with friends from the Wester US (I'm in Eastern Europe), and one of them always has severe packet loss to me. I suspect the objective script fails to sync correctly between all players, so it gets stuck and fails to trigger for anyone.

• 10 months later...

I encountered a glitch similar to this, except kind of the opposite. I spawned into the first mission in the Railjack, but there were no Mission indicators and enemy fighter ships spawned endlessly in groups of seven. No crew ships ever spawned. By the time I finally was forced to abandon the mission I had 374 fighter kills.

It's worth mentioning that this was a solo mission. I couldn't navigate somewhere else or return to my dry dock. I could only abort the mission or return to orbiter.

Edited by FenixMaelstrom
Incomplete
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, FenixMaelstrom said:

I encountered a glitch similar to this, except kind of the opposite. I spawned into the first mission in the Railjack, but there were no Mission indicators and enemy fighter ships spawned endlessly in groups of seven. No crew ships ever spawned. By the time I finally was forced to abandon the mission I had 374 fighter kills.

Can confirm. I ran into several instances of this today. Mine were in a crew of 2, with my team-mate having generally pretty bad connection to me (high ping and packet loss). This is almost the same bug I outlined in the OP from last year. We appear in a mission with no stated objectives. Waypoints appear and we can follow them, but the main objective never triggers. I suspect the problem is the the main objectives in these missions have a Crew Ship defeat component, but Crew Ships never spawn when the objectives break. I don't know if this makes the mission literally impossible to complete or if I'm simply doing something wrong because I lack objective markers at all.

Returning to the Dojo and restarting the mission usually fixed this. This only ever occurred after running multiple missions back-to-back. The first mission would always run fine, any missions run immediately thereafter without returning to the Dojo would break in the above-mentioned way.

Additionally, my team-mate complained that he - as a client - never got an objectives list at all. He got SOME waypoints SOME of the time, but not always and he always missed the objectives list. There's something funky going on with Railjack mission scripts and/or the UI display. And yes, I've had this issue solo, as well. It seems drastically more prevalent in multiplayer, however.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-05 at 2:17 PM, Steel_Rook said:

I've experienced a few more of these recently. It seems the central issue there is some kind of desync between players. It never happens to me when I'm solo, only with a group and it usually fixes itself when one of the players on the team quits. 

I've had it solo so not it is not a desync between players.

Edited by MrSigy
  • Like 1