The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS drops after firing certain weapons (probably particle effects?)

8-bit_Archer

Good evening folks.

having recently patched up Warframe after a wee break I have began to encounter a somewhat Frustrating FPS bug in various situations.

various graphics were turned down from high to medium in pursuit of the issue and after investigation I have managed to tie these drops (at least in once instance) to the Nagantaka.

rather than suggesting the weapon itself is the cause my suspicion may be something linked with particle effects. entering the simulacrum I grabbed a few weapons to preform some checks.

using the Dera Vandal (large number of projectiles) and the AkBronco Prime (large pellet count) I was able to maintain FPS in the 140-180 range, on equiping the Nagantaka however firing bolts would product an FPS drop down to 30 which would persist (I assume) until the projectiles had despawned from rendering.

most graphics during this test were set to medium with GPU particles turned off completely. 

PC set up: i5-7600k processor @ 4.4 GHz

16 GB ram

Radeon 5500XT graphics card - 20.1.3 driver

1lvS2tJ.jpg

any assistance people could provide would be most appreciated. turning graphics down to lowest settings across the board have also born no fruit with the same issue occurring.

EDIT: on a whim and wanting to preform some extra checks I turned graphics to "full" and preformed some more simulacrum checks. avoiding using the Nagantaka I was able to move, fight and shoot with few FPS drops below 100. while this does sort of mean "just don't use that weapon" it's still somewhat frustrating. 

Edited by 8-bit_Archer
additional information

On 2020-03-06 at 4:26 PM, 8-bit_Archer said:

on equiping the Nagantaka however firing bolts would product an FPS drop down to 30 which would persist (I assume) until the projectiles had despawned from rendering.

Hi 8-bit_Archer,

Does this occur if you have no mods equipped on the Nagantaka? Is there any chance you could post a screenshot of the mods you have equipped for it?

• 3 weeks later...