Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Rebalancing

RX-74

Do you have a reason for your suggested changes (about ANYTHING)? Otherwise it's meaningless really, you should never go "Do these changes because." and not give any reasoning for them.

Soma is overpowered is that a reason enough?

The Soma is already balanced, It can attain a very high dps as long as you have ammo.

My Soma(2 forma potato crit build) uses too much ammo to be efficient in longer missions even with a max mutation mod. Every weapon has its drawbacks and ammo consumption is the Soma's. Yes it can kill Vor in less than 50 shots but since when did Vor or any other low level boss require you break out the big guns? Vor is just as easily killed with a Braton Prime. Or Latron Prime. Or Kunai or Vastos. 

I took my Soma for a survival record attempt on Eris and by the 30 min mark My team was not getting enough enough kills to support my Soma's ammo consumption. Yes I was able to reduce a lvl 200 ancient to mush in a little over a second but that was about 80 ammo used with a max of 20 ammo returned. The Soma has less damage per shot than the Latron Prime and Braton Prime on average(including crits) yet has possibly the fastest ammo consumption in game.

The Soma does not need re balancing, its pros and cons are equal trade offs

The Soma is already balanced, It can attain a very high dps as long as you have ammo.

My Soma(2 forma potato crit build) uses too much ammo to be efficient in longer missions even with a max mutation mod. Every weapon has its drawbacks and ammo consumption is the Soma's. Yes it can kill Vor in less than 50 shots but since when did Vor or any other low level boss require you break out the big guns? Vor is just as easily killed with a Braton Prime. Or Latron Prime. Or Kunai or Vastos. 

I took my Soma for a survival record attempt on Eris and by the 30 min mark My team was not getting enough enough kills to support my Soma's ammo consumption. Yes I was able to reduce a lvl 200 ancient to mush in a little over a second but that was about 80 ammo used with a max of 20 ammo returned. The Soma has less damage per shot than the Latron Prime and Braton Prime on average(including crits) yet has possibly the fastest ammo consumption in game.

The Soma does not need re balancing, its pros and cons are equal trade offs

Try to do some headshots and just not spray and pray.

Odd, are you running split chamber?

It takes 9 clicks (I say clicks because with split chamber you can't be sure) with my Soma to kill Vor (if you don't count his shields).

On Mercury....? The starting planet? It takes very minimal hits to kill the first boss in the game? You dont say.....

Soma is overpowered is that a reason enough?

i say the same like in your "galatine op" unnecessary thread, try to play 100 waves, u can´t cause since a point it´s to weak, so again , dont scream for a nerv, scream for the new armor settings

Edited by Burkholz

Soma is balanced just fine. If it was harder for people to get than just needing the prerequisite level to use then it would be perfect. Ammo consumption of the damn thing makes it a real pain in the &#! at max rank fire rate. Granted it does a lot of damage, but it really does not matter when you fire so fast and kill things before you can tell if its dead. You end up wasting way more ammo than you should.

If the gun was op I could own level 100 ancients without running out of ammo. Instead I have to charge attack it for hours so that I can have enough ammo to clear waves of easier enemies.

The Galatine requires a charge in order to do its massive damage. If the swing alone did 400 damage, there'd be a problem. The fact you have to charge it up (I'm not sure about the quickest charge on it, I haven't tried to find out) and make sure you actually hit your enemies make it a debatable use. When I was using it I didn't even hit my target half the time due to the fact they were constantly moving. Yes, it's real easy with heavies and ancients, maybe even if you let everything near the pod, but that's about it. Not to mention the fact that while you're charging it and trying to make sure you're in range, you're being shot at and hit. This makes Rhino the perfect Galatine wielder with his Iron Skin, with Saryn and Frost up next. The rest of the Warframes are near glass cannoning with it tho. 

Those are all charges.  Those are all potential damage.  I'm not stating whether it is overpowered/underpowered, or anything else.  I'm just stating we went from 4400 DPS at best for melee, to 8300.  Whether it's charge, regular attacks, or anything else is irrelevant.  The scaling is simply crazy off, and nothing you say really changes that.

Not going to comment further on this, I don't want it to become another power creep thread.  Plus, like I said, I'm not on one side or another in that debate yet anyway.  I'm not seeing it be the apocalypse so many make it out to be, and I'm not seeing it be good like a few seem to think it is either.  I simply go with the flow with it (admittedly questioning the huge discrepancy though).

Soma is balanced just fine. If it was harder for people to get than just needing the prerequisite level to use then it would be perfect. Ammo consumption of the damn thing makes it a real pain in the &#! at max rank fire rate. Granted it does a lot of damage, but it really does not matter when you fire so fast and kill things before you can tell if its dead. You end up wasting way more ammo than you should.

If the gun was op I could own level 100 ancients without running out of ammo. Instead I have to charge attack it for hours so that I can have enough ammo to clear waves of easier enemies.

(medium) team ammo restore exists, so use it, and learn to mod correctly your weap (ammo mutation) and warframe (rifle scavenger), and to use it like a semi-auto rifle (latron style). I never run out of ammo with my Soma, even on long survival missions (30min+)...