Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Vacuum Precept Available To All Sentinels

Icebreccer

I know that the Carrier's sole purpose was to gather stuff for its' master, but I think it's just ridiculous that we are forced to use this one and only sentinel if we want to have this über useful feature on our frames.

My suggestion would be to make the Vacuum a general precept for all the sentinels like Guardian is at the moment. The reason for this is that the Vacuum is just so useful on all Warframes no matter which one you are using. Even if you are playing it stealth you might want to have this useful Vacuum picking stuff up for you. Creating another precept just for the Carrier shouldn't be too hard. I would go with something like Banshee's Sonic Boom which would knock down enemies within a similar radius.

I'd really love to use my Dethcube just to support me on my missions. Picking up stuff and giving me the extra shields when I need. I love the design, but I have no use for its' offensive features since I don't like to use my sentinels for extra firepower. Being forced to use this flying gourd instead of the awesome cube is just sad and makes me frustrated.

I tried to play without the Carrier for a while, but no. I had become way too addicted to the Vacuum and playing without it just seemed stupid.

Yeah I might be lazy and all, but I see no reason to not make Vacuum available for all sentinels. At least then I would be able to use something else for a change and not be forced to carry this jar with me all the time. Please DE make it happen.

And every sentinel should also get shade's invisibility too right? /facepalm 

No.

Shade's invisibility is completely different it gives you an advantage and is more meant for stealth gameplay. Vacuum does nothing that would give you an "advantage" in a mission.

Edited by Judqment8

Vacuum does nothing that would give you an "advantage" in a mission.

It gives you the big advantage of not having to run over every item you want to pick up. Or what would you call that?

I rather have them use all firing behavior.

Yes, that would be really helpful in some situations, being able to fine-tune their firing behavior. At the moment, you can equip every weapon on every sentinel - but having e.g. Sweeper on Dethcube is rather useless, because he fires at long range.

What would be nicer is if picking things up just wasn't such a pain in the &#!... to the extent where we need a sentinel to grab things for us because it's so annoying.

Item pickup mechanics are really annoying in this game. Sometimes you walk over something and don't pick up the item, so you have to go back and stand there for a second or two just to make sure you actually picked it up. The range to which you pick items up needs to be stretched out.

The Carrier sentinel is like the bandaid mods (all the Glaive mods, the hacking mod...screw it, pretty much all the completely useless mods introduced in U10 that should've been things modified in core mechanics, not with mods). We should've gotten something more useful like a healing sentinel, not an item picker-uper.

Edited by NukaKV

Sometimes you walk over something and don't pick up the item, so you have to go back and stand there for a second or two just to make sure you actually picked it up.

Happens to me, when the host is lagging. So it's not so much a problem with picking up items, but their netcode and bad hosts.

something more useful like a healing sentinel

Making Trinity more or less obsolete. Hoo-f*cking-ray.

Making Trinity more or less obsolete. Hoo-f*cking-ray.

It would obviously be something minor, like the effectiveness of the Regeneration Rejuvenation aura. Or just a simple "you are given 50 health when you take 100 or more damage to your health and have no shields." ...Sort of a second wind or last stand sorta thing.

I don't believe that would render Trinity obsolete.

Edited by NukaKV

Also I get that everyone gets their jimmies rustled when the idea of other healing alternatives are brought up, but seriously...not everyone plays Trinity. Not everyone HAS Trinity. And realize, I'm speaking as a Trinity player myself. Trinity is still useful and does a damn good job staying alive. Energy Vamp combined with Well of Life is great for everyone when used properly, Blessing a complete lifesaver, and Link lets you enter Rhino caliber god-mode.

It's okay to have other things that heal players.

Edited by NukaKV

Ah, ok, that might work. Perhaps make it function similar to Guardian.

On the other hand: We have Trinity, we have Health Orbs, we have Health Packs, we have Rejuvenation (and as Nyx, you can MC an Ancient Healer). Might be enough healing already.

The main problem with Sentinels is, that we already have most niches covered (Djinn even is an improved Wyrm, IMO). So thinking of something new and fresh becomes quite hard.

On the other hand: We have Trinity, we have Health Orbs, we have Health Packs, we have Rejuvenation (and as Nyx, you can MC an Ancient Healer). Might be enough healing already.

-Not everyone has Trinity

-Health orbs don't drop if you're not opening containers or don't have Nekros spamming Desecrate

-Not everyone uses consumables

-Not everyone uses Rejuvination

-Some don't use any of those.

Just saying. And a sentinel with mild healing powers won't really be that OP even with everything else healing related combined when you consider damage based combinations (Rhino Roar + Nova nuke + Rifle Amp + OP guns + you get the point...)

No. To have Carrier means you give up on Shade's stealth, or Cube's damage. Each their own.

cuz I cant sneak up on enemies if my carrier shoots them the moment they come in range

Remove it's Striker precept then, it won't attack anything.

Edited by MueR

cuz I cant sneak up on enemies if my carrier shoots them the moment they come in range

This would be really good. All the sentinels have unique parameters to their firing behavior based on range. Wyrm, Cube, Shade (when attacked), Djinn, and Carrier, in order have different ranges for their attacks. Having those to put on different sentinels will keep Wyrm from firing the shotgun at ranges that aren't useful, or Carrier from being near useless with the machine rifle.

Ability precepts should all stay with their original sentinel. No question about that.

something else, as OP said

Just to put things into perspective: OP basically asked for "take $ability from $sentinel/$warframe and let it be used by all" - like "take Iron Skin from Rhino and let it be used by all, because it's so practical (or because Nova looks so much cooler than Rhino or whatever)". So, yeah ...

If DE does what OP asks for, next person will come and want them to remove Ghost from Shade and make it for all sentinels. And so on and so forth ...

Big fat NO.

And what about Guardian? That one should be a specific sentinel only move too. Putting Vacuum to all sentinels wouldn't really hurt DE at all. They would all have their unique special moves still, making them all different. I just don't get the point that why does one sentinel have a completely "non-combat" support skill while the others have something else. Making Vacuum the same as Guardian would only make the sentinels much more popular to use.

Besides DE already ruined half of their uniqueness with the selectable weapon.

But whatever, I guess I can just play without the sentinels.

And every sentinel should also get shade's invisibility too right? /facepalm 

No.

I'm with OP on this one. Vaccuum should have been a universal sentinel precept like guardian, it's too useful to give up.

It makes survival missions and ammo consevation a breeze. It isn't like dethcubes vaporize or shades stealth, it is a utility that should be usable by all sentinels.

I find myself wanting to use the shade or dethcube instead of the floating testicle that is the carrier. But I find thw vaccuum to useful to gove up.

I would feel the same way if guardian was locked to a single sent

I'm with OP on this one. Vaccuum should have been a universal sentinel precept like guardian, it's too useful to give up.

It makes survival missions and ammo consevation a breeze. It isn't like dethcubes vaporize or shades stealth, it is a utility that should be usable by all sentinels.

I find myself wanting to use the shade or dethcube instead of the floating testicle that is the carrier. But I find thw vaccuum to useful to gove up.

I would feel the same way if guardian was locked to a single sent

Except that both Vaporize and Ghost are utilities in themselves. By your logic, one sentinel's utility is better than the others' utility, so ALL of them should get it? Hell no.

If you want stealth, you play Shade. If you want an instagib, play Deathcube. If you want CC, play Wyrm. If you want to be lazy, play Carrier.

Except that both Vaporize and Ghost are utilities in themselves. By your logic, one sentinel's utility is better than the others' utility, so ALL of them should get it? Hell no.

If you want stealth, you play Shade. If you want an instagib, play Deathcube. If you want CC, play Wyrm. If you want to be lazy, play Carrier.

Here I disagree again.

Stealthing, vaporize, fatal attraction and crowd dispersion are all combat utility.

Vaccuum is a general utility, as is guardian/regen/sanctuary.

I feel that vaccuum should be universal and carrier should receive a combat utility precept.

Had this mod never been tied to the carrier in the first place people would have no issue with vaccuum being universal which is the frustating thing.

Not to mention that the sweeper is the best sentinel weapon...