Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on squad-wide indication of a player's point holdings in Index

Because Index is a quota-scoring game. You earn time by scoring, lose time by being scored upon, and must hit a quota before time's up. I'm thinking of a color-changing name bar (see below) to indicate to the squad how many points a player might be holding onto, and here's why:

1) there's been quite a few times in Index that I've been trying to hit 5 points for the bonus minimum, and a player swoops in and steals points from a fresh kill. This can be a problem when some folks want you to score for bonus but you're just unable to because...well, I just explained it.

2) I've seen some playing "for the hoard", including point-stealing from literally under a teammate's boot (see #1), and lighting themselves up like a damn Christmas tree. It's already anxiety-inducing when this happens, especially when it's someone who apparently doesn't understand the points need to be turned in at some...point. But dear god, the anxiety skyrockets when a Christmas tree is walking around your goal...(was an AI in one case.) 

///COLORS: White (0-4), blue (5-9), green (10-14), yellow (15-19), orange (20-24), red (25-up)///

I had thoughts on a 'body-mounted' point counter, but that would probably require more work than a color-changing name to indicate ballpark quantity. Thoughts on this?

Also, if asking why I don't run solo Index, not everybody can, it's usually faster with four capable players (=usual case, even with randoms), and Index specters suck outside of Glast Gambit. (My complaint there was that Glast Gambit was the one time Index specters did their job too well slaughtering things.)

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

color-changing name bar (see below) to indicate to the squad how many points a player might be holding onto

Why not just a counter next to the name, like with Reactant?

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

'body-mounted' point counter

Not sure if you meant something else, but you can already see a player's points when your reticule is on them.

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Why not just a counter next to the name, like with Reactant?

Figured it would be faster with something in the center of your screen than at the edge. That might be an idea as well.

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Not sure if you meant something else, but you can already see a player's points when your reticule is on them.

When I was thinking of that, I meant something like if you mark an enemy and the icon appears on their body. But instead of saying 'enemy'/'ally', it would have the number of points they hold.