Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the 100 Murex limit?

DeadlySurgeon

It's in the title. What's the point, besides an abhorrent fetish for putting sticks in spokes? Why not just have the baseline score for completing either ground or space runs, a bonus every time your flotilla hits 100 (as long as you contributed), plus a larger bonus based on your overall contribution over the three hour period, regardless of the flotilla it was made in, with no limit to the number of Murexes you can tackle?

Y'know, so you ain't punished and sent into the endless purgatory of lying "xx/100" instance names for all eternity, for the crime of not showing up at the very beginning of the wave? And there's a reason to actually participate beyond the first 30 minutes?

I have to assume there's *some* benefit to this, like diminishing server loads as the instances complete... right?

You wouldn't make something this clunky without a point.

Right?

Edited by DeadlySurgeon
  • Like 5

Since you obviously cant/wont read, here, I'll quote it for you:

On 2020-03-24 at 7:05 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Completing a Murex attack Wave (100/100)  for a Flotilla will result in bonus Scarlet Credits if you committed to your Flotilla to earn Rank I, II, or III. This is an important part of score balancing, but also important for overall achievability which we are monitoring (whether to increase the amount of Murex, etc). This is part of the stress test

Also, being condescending and abrasive in your feedback is completely pointless. Here's an example of how you should post feedback, if in fact you want anyone to take you seriously. Note that you don't have to praise anyone or "white knight", simply stating logical perspectives is more than enough. 

Guess I missed that particular line among the larger post and general chaos. Mea culpa.

I still think that it's poorly planned out since joining anytime past the half-mark means your instance options are limited, having to commit to a single Relay means that any effort that goes into the wave but doesn't reach 100 is wasted (and with connection problems and matchmaking shenanigans it's quite possible that your Relay population just dies, screwing you out of points through no fault of your own), and having the UI outright misinform you is just the cherry on top. Add to that the fact that the event mechanics are explained nowhere in-game, instead hidden in the middle of a long forum post, and you've got a recipe for an extra salty meal.

As for the condescension... I don't think I can do without. Not when this is the latest edition of "the Warframe event", featuring inflated prices, repetitive missions, and non-functional portions, only this time including with two additional layers of barely functional content, Railjack and the Squad Link.

This isn't the first time this happens. This will very likely not be the last. Whatever goodwill and patience I had are long gone.

So I'll keep the abrasiveness. But thank you for your opinion.

I was going to give this another shot since I saw there were changes, but I'm locked out of all flotillas until the reset. WHY is this even a thing? WHY require people to stay three whole hours for a reward? As someone who doesn't have the energy, nor the actual real life situation to spend six hours on this every single night for a month, I'm just going to keep giving this a pass until DE fixes it. I was mildly annoyed before, but now I'm actually mad because I feel like DE doesn't want me to even play this event now.

Edited by Countess_Hapmuhr