Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty ideas (since there's talk of difficulty choice)

ArachnidOverlord

I've been seeing talk of variable difficulty based on player choice in warframe and I think it's a brilliant way to satisfy both the power-hungry like myself and the challenge seekers.

To jump right into it I think the obvious, that difficulty should determine rewards, affinity, enemy level and perhaps how the map interacts with the player. 

And for difficulties we could have things like:

Easy: Level 10-25 and you get rewards and affinity at 50% of what you'd normally get in this map. This would allow new players to work their way around the star chart with ease and root themselves into warframe. 

Normal: Level 30-45 with 100% (current) rewards and affinity.

Hard: Level 50-75 with 150% rewards and affinity. Enemies may spawn more frequently and the map may act more aggressively towards the player. 

Extreme: Level 90-125 with 200% rewards and affinity. Enemy spawning and map aggression perhaps cranked even more.

Umbral: Level 180-250 with 250% rewards and affinity, special new elite enemies, spawn rate to rival sanctuary onslaught and the map is trying to murder you at all times.

Affinity is already based on enemy level is it not? So the affinity is naturally going to scale. As for other rewards, I personally don't believe in scaling rewards because it will encourage the community to self segregate even harder than by simply having the option to fight higher level enemies out of the gate. 

Challenge should be IMHO it's own reward. 

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Oreades:

Affinity is already based on enemy level is it not?

It is but it flatens after awhile to much, consdierign how much enemy health, armor and shields still can scale, making it more efficent to level in lower content if you kill fast enough, higher enemys take longer making the XP gained less in the same time i could had killed more lwoer enemys giving more XP then the higher ones in the same time.

7 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Affinity is already based on enemy level is it not? So the affinity is naturally going to scale. As for other rewards, I personally don't believe in scaling rewards because it will encourage the community to self segregate even harder than by simply having the option to fight higher level enemies out of the gate. 

Challenge should be IMHO it's own reward. 

I think it's based on level but more xp is always good if we can get it. 

It probably isn't good to get the community to separate I guess but I figure the community is big enough that it probably wouldn't be that bad. 

I don't really get what your concerns with segregation are though, do you mean for finding other players in public matches?

For void relic farming I totally understand because you need 4 players to increase your chances of getting something good.
On special missions like that though I think they could have 2 choices of difficulty the first choice is the difficulty based off of the standard level for that place, the second difficulty being umbral (Level 180-250 with 250% rewards and affinity, special new elite enemies, spawn rate to rival sanctuary onslaught and the map is trying to murder you at all times.) for those who really want to roll face on keyboard.

And I guess the same for all special missions, you can't per say have any lower than what their current difficulty level area is but you can go higher. 
All higher choices should be available on ones you don't need 4 teammates on at all times, like arbitrations, kuva siphons, kuva floods, nightmare missions etc. 

As an example for a siphon you can't choose lower than normal but you can choose hard, extreme and umbral for the extra kuva and other stuff. 
For arbitrations you can't choose lower than hard but you can choose extreme and umbral. 

Two missions I'd really like to see available to these higher difficulties for respectively higher gains would be the kuva survival and kuva disruption because I can deal with level 180-250 enemies, they're just pretty tough and actually threatening.