Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet spear reward scaling

DeckChairVonBananaCamel

As it stands, the reward scaling for scarlet spear is that you get 5 points per kill code uploaded, with the score earned increasing by 5 for each condrix completed.

This rewards players for staying in the mission for longer however, due to the difficulty scaling it results in there being longer periods of time between batches of codes.
This hurts the space teams as they receive codes slower as more ground teams start to reach the higher levels.

My suggestion is this: increase the rate of code sending as part of the scaling.

For example:

• 0-4 condrixes: 1 code per ~33% scanned (3 codes per full scan)
  • 5-9 condrixes: 1 code per 25% scanned (4 codes)
  • 10-14 condrixes : 1 code per 20% scanned (5 codes)
  • 15+ condrixes: 1 code per ~17% scanned (6 codes)

The rate at which the earned points increases may have to be adjusted down to compensate, but otherwise this should at least help to alleviate the code drought that some space teams are experiencing

I did notice that, yeah. Most semi-decent teams can stick around for 10 Condrix at least, but anything past Condrix 5 or 6 and we start to take forever to bring a single one down. We're still doing fine and the increased rewards are worth the longer time of investment, but that does mean the space teams are getting codes less frequently.

Your suggestion is missing pieces, though. If you simply increase the number of codes sent per Condrix, you are VASTLY increasing the reward for the ground team, since the ground team is rewarded per code. Are you suggesting any kind of points changes per code, then? For instance, the first four Condrix are worth 15 + 30 + 45 + 60 = 150 points altogether. If your system proposes sending MORE codes rather than MORE EXPENSIVE codes (which feels like what you're going for), then each code ought to be worth, say, 15 points. That's 4*3*15 = 180 points for the first four Condrix. Slightly more, but let's examine the rest. Condrix 5-9 is 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 per code respectively, for a total of 525 points. That's 5 Condrix at 4 codes per Condrix by your design, so we're looking at 26.25. If we set that to 25, we're looking at 500 extra points. So that's 25 points less than before, but considering we added an extra 30 points to the first four total, we're still slightly ahead.

Is that the system you're going for, though? Do you have specific numbers in mind?

il y a 10 minutes, Steel_Rook a dit :

Is that the system you're going for, though? Do you have specific numbers in mind?

actual gain per condrix

0 + 15 * #condrix

new gain per condrix

51 + 9 * #condrix

and make that it stop to increase at 16, for 195 per condrix.

and make it really endless : make that we can continue as long as we want/can, for this reward of 195 per condrix.

the first condrix would give 60 point, so it would reduce the difference between low and high level. 

but the high level player could also farm better than actually with the endless.

37 minutes ago, GKP_light said:

actual gain per condrix

0 + 15 * #condrix

new gain per condrix

51 + 9 * #condrix

Actual gain isn't distributed per Condrix, though - it's distributed per code sent. I believe that's done both so that the ground teams can send more codes in a shorter amount of time and so ground teams can get partial rewards per Condrix even if their OpLinks don't last the full duration. Are you proposing that this no longer be the case and that points be attribited per Condrix, instead? I ask, because the OP's proposal of increasing the number of codes per Condrix already has increasing rewards built into it, to a point.

à l’instant, Steel_Rook a dit :

Actual gain isn't distributed per Condrix, though - it's distributed per code sent.

(i know, it is why i use multiple of 3 for the reward per condrix)

I don't say to do it instead of increase the number of kill code. It is true that at high level, a ground team is slower than during the firsts condrix.

Actually, because the railjack part is faster, it need at least 60% of the player on ground, and at most 40% in raijack.

so increas the number of kill code from ground team whould help to balance it.

with the proposal of the op, if the gain are the same as actually per kill code, it would increase the differences between low and high level.

i don't think there should be more cut in the HP of the contrix. keep the actual ~33%, and make that it 1/2/3 of them give 2 kill code instead of 1.

5 minutes ago, GKP_light said:

i don't think there should be more cut in the HP of the contrix. keep the actual ~33%, and make that it 1/2/3 of them give 2 kill code instead of 1.

Got it. So your proposal retains the three stages of code generation per Condrix (at 33%, 67% and 100%) with your reward scaling per entire Condrix (51 + 9*#condrix), but with each stage potentially generating more than one code. Do I have that right?

à l’instant, Steel_Rook a dit :

Got it. So your proposal retains the three stages of code generation per Condrix (at 33%, 67% and 100%) with your reward scaling per entire Condrix (51 + 9*#condrix), but with each stage potentially generating more than one code. Do I have that right?

yes.