Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash tweaks

Zoh_Veldae

Simple tweaks to his 1st ability and his ultimate ability

1st ability: Add a charge mechanic. Tapping will throw the 2 homing shuriken like we have right now. Holding will instead throw a bigger shuriken that does not home and goes in a straight line, dealing more damage. Then, this bigger shuriken would embeb on walls and surfaces and become a valid object for his 3rd ability, Teleport. So we have more control over teleporting without having to rely on enemies.

Ultimate ability: Instead of the "look to mark" system it has, it would instead have an area of effect around Ash that would grow at no additional cost for as long as the ability was kept on. All enemies within the area would receive the current marks for the ult, but such marks would start decaying if they move outside of the ability's area. Tapping again would unleash the ult as it normally does right now. This would make the ability flow better and not require as much setup while still keeping some preparation to be done more practically.

That is all, thanks for reading

Very cool idea for the first power.

At this point I'd be on board with almost anything concerning Blade Storm, it's so boring to use and while it can absolutely shred things, it just doesn't feel like an ultimate ability, at least to me anyway.

I suggested years ago when it was being discussed for rework to base it on Nier:Automata's Mirage pod skill adding that it puts you into smoke bomb after use, (or similarly Midna's Dark Energy you can use as Wolf Link in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) but the suggestion got buried pretty quick sadly.25-PI2B6RY.gif

• Like 1

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Faeduin said:

Very cool idea for the first power.

At this point I'd be on board with almost anything concerning Blade Storm, it's so boring to use and while it can absolutely shred things, it just doesn't feel like an ultimate ability, at least to me anyway.

I suggested years ago when it was being discussed for rework to base it on Nier:Automata's Mirage pod skill adding that it puts you into smoke bomb after use, (or similarly Midna's Dark Energy you can use as Wolf Link in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) but the suggestion got buried pretty quick sadly.25-PI2B6RY.gif

Yeah, basically that for the startup I suggested for Ash ult. I try to avoid mentioning other games by name because I think that's not allowed, but yeah, Nier is a pretty good source (one day I'll get it 😭)