The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everything wrong with Warframe

Zombiesbottom

5 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

Archwings are amazing. It's the players who failed. I've never seen anything like it.

I'm sorry but no, Please can people just stop blaming players for not liking bad content. That's like a restaurant blaming it's customers for it's bad food. And if nobody says it's bad but instead leaves, guess what happens to that restaurant? 

Edited by Zombiesbottom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zombiesbottom said:

I'm sorry but no

You aren't and yes.

DE put an aerial weapon platform in a game that has everything from bows to machine guns to whatever the Simulor is. It's swift, agile, easy to control.

Players looked at it and said, "that sucks."

What an abysmal failure.

Some things truly are D.E.'s f-ups, but this one is squarely on the players.

1 hour ago, FadeToNull said:

You aren't and yes.

DE put an aerial weapon platform in a game that has everything from bows to machine guns to whatever the Simulor is. It's swift, agile, easy to control.

Players looked at it and said, "that sucks."

What an abysmal failure.

Some things truly are D.E.'s f-ups, but this one is squarely on the players.

I'd like to know how it's the players fault for content DE put into the game. Please explain your logic to me behind this.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zombiesbottom said:

Please explain your logic to me behind this.

I thought I did, but ok.

Archwings let you fly. Flying is fun. Most people like it.

Purely on the basis of fun things to have in a game, archwings are an A+ addition.

They're also useful in gameplay terms. One example: during that Vallis "rescue the prisoners" bounty stage, VIPs will spawn and you're supposed to take them out to get a code. They always spawn far away and behind a huge obstacle. No problem. You can dart there in an instant, with ease.

To summarize, archwings are useful and fun.

Despite this, Warframe's playbase insists they're garbage. The opinion is so uniform, it almost feels scripted.

My conclusion: community likes the word "garbage" way too much.

By the way, this thing...

I'd like to know how it's the players fault for content DE put into the game.

I don't think that, and I never said it. You made it up, then pretended I said it.

Edited by FadeToNull
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

I don't think that, and I never said it. You made it up, then pretended I said it.

Maybe you don't think it, but when you say "The players failed" that implies a fault of the players. Go back and read your post before lying to me that you didn't imply that.

4 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

I thought I did, but ok.

Archwings let you fly. Flying is fun. Most people like it.

Purely on the basis of fun things to have in a game, archwings are an A+ addition.

They're also useful in gameplay terms. One example: during that Vallis "rescue the prisoners" bounty stage, VIPs will spawn and you're supposed to take them out to get a code. They always spawn far away and behind a huge obstacle. No problem. You can dart there in an instant, with ease.

To summarize, archwings are useful and fun.

Despite this, Warframe's playbase insists they're garbage. The opinion is so uniform, it almost feels scripted.

My conclusion: community likes the word "garbage" way too much.

By the way, this thing...

You might think you did explain, but you didn't. 

People don't fly in the game. Are you actually flying in while you play the game? I highly doubt it. Don't confuse real life flying with a game mechanic that isn't even VR.

If archwing was actually good, players would be playing those missions. But they are not, you cannot blame the players for not forcing themselves to play crap. This is 100% on DEs end. It's self evident that archwing isn't good, you'd have to do some really odd mental gymnastics to think otherwise. If you cannot see that then we are done talking I will not try to convince you further as it would be a waste of my time.

• Like 2

On 2020-04-08 at 4:31 AM, Zombiesbottom said:

People don't fly in the game. Are you actually flying in while you play the game? I highly doubt it. Don't confuse real life flying with a game mechanic that isn't even VR.

I don't understand what you mean by that. Could you clarify? Not being sarcastic. Honestly baffled.

Of course we aren't flying IRL. I don't understand how that idea got into the discussion.

I think we got our signals crossed somehow. If you want, we could clear it up. Or just drop it, if you prefer.

I'll try once more, being as clear as I can manage. Again, not sarcastic here. Just trying to avoid any further confusion.

Archwing can mean...

1. The game mode where you have to use an archwing.
    For example, the archwing starchart missions such as Phobos Kepler.
    No one likes that mode or those missions. No one plays them, including me. They aren't much fun.
  2. The archwing itself. The gear item. Example, Itzal, Odanata.
  3. Using archwings in the open world areas.
  4. Probably other stuff I'm not aware of like maybe elements of RJ or something.
    I don't play RJ and have no opinion on it, so let's stay with 1-3.

We agree on 1. No argument.

I enjoy 2 and especially 3. I think they're very good. I explained why above, so I hope it's cool if I don't repeat all that.

When I use an archwing in PoE or Vallis, I do not think that I am physically flying, IRL. I understand that I'm playing a video game.

When I said "flying" I meant "in-game pretend flying." I thought that was obvious because we're talking about a game, but maybe I should have spelled it out.

I hope that covers it.

Edited by FadeToNull
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, FadeToNull said:

I don't understand what you mean by that. Could you clarify? Not being sarcastic. Honestly baffled.

Of course we aren't flying IRL. I don't understand how that idea got into the discussion.

I think we got our signals crossed somehow. If you want, we could clear it up. Or just drop it, if you prefer.

I'll try once more, being as clear as I can manage. Again, not sarcastic here. Just trying to avoid any further confusion.

Archwing can mean...

1. The game mode where you have to use an archwing.
    For example, the archwing starchart missions such as Phobos Kepler.
    No one likes that mode or those missions. No one plays them, including me. They aren't much fun.
  2. The archwing itself. The gear item. Example, Itzal, Odanata.
  3. Using archwings in the open world areas.
  4. Probably other stuff I'm not aware of like maybe elements of RJ or something.
    I don't play RJ and have opinion on it, so let's stay with 1-3.

We agree on 1. No argument.

I enjoy 2 and especially 3. I think they're very good. I explained why above, so I hope it's cool if I don't repeat all that.

When I use an archwing in PoE or Vallis, I do not think that I am physically flying, IRL. I understand that I'm playing a video game.

When I said "flying" I meant "in-game pretend flying." I thought that was obvious because we're talking about a game, but maybe I should have spelled it out.

I hope that covers it.

This is how I was thinking of it. The other guy isn't even giving any actual evidence. Hes just saying "people dont like and if you do you're crazy"