The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Nerf Improvements

CapimAmeripa

With the new limbo nerf to sentients brought on by scarlet spear it has been incredibly annoying to fight against sentient enemies with limbo. The main cause of this trouble is from there being no indication about how much of his stasis the sentient has adapted to. Right now this change feels like a band aid that was haphazardly slapped onto him to prevent him from dominating scarlet spear. It is frustrating to try playing limbo when sentients randomly break out of stasis with no real indication and i am hoping this post may provide some ideas to improve the current state of things.

1. The one thing I want to see most is an indicator on the sentients health bar to show how much the sentient has adapted to stasis. We already can see what damage types they have adapted to so it seems fitting that we would be able to see how much they have adapted to this ability, especially when there is no indication of when it will run out on our ability bar.

2. If the resistance to stasis is because of the sentient adaptation then make it take up an adaptation slot. normally the sentient adapt to a damage type from your weapon upon being damaged a sufficient amount, up to a maximum of 4. I think stasis resistance should take up one of those 4 slots. either reducing total damage adaptations to 3 and thereby giving limbo a reasonable role in fighting the sentient, or having the sentient lose stasis resistance once they have adapted to 4 types of damage and are already almost dead. 

3. Only make adaptable sentients adapt. Right now brachiolysts and vomvalysts can not adapt to damage types so it does not make sense for them to adapt to stasis too. It would also be a big help to make sentients under CC less buggy. The battalyst can use his orb laser while under the effects of CC and there are even a few times that they have left the orb floating in place and the body got pulled away by CC. The conculyst is also able to continue the effects of its spin attack even when its body has been stopped by CC, knocking players down and generally just being a nuisance when it should be frozen.

These are my ideas on how to make this nerf a little bit more tolerable, if i had things my way i would revert the limbo nerf just like the khora nerf. I personally don't think limbo needs a nerf for trivializing gameplay when we still have frames like Octavia, Nova, Revenant, and Mesa who all make this event press one button to win. Nerfing the go to choice does not improve the event, it really just changes the frames we decide go AFK with. 

Edited by CapimAmeripa
I have bad grammar
  • Like 9

This whole situation is stupid. I think limbo being this good on this mission is partly due to poor design.

A larger spread of sentient enemies, or if the uplinks couldn't be put into the rift, or the aerolyst spawning immune to the rift (like an ambulas. Or just change it to an ambuls, that is better designed enemy). There aren't any enemies that are troublesome for limbo in general.

Here are some ideas:

New earth themed kuva guardian. Vombalists. Demolishers.

The rest of the game doesn't varrant this nerf imo. And nerfing a frame just so it can fit into a poorly designed event reather then fixing the event is just stupid DE.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Since the sentients "adapt" to stasis they should also be reset with void beams right? or DE will make an exception just because.

well as things stand right now operators cant even enter the rift so we could not hit them with void beams. but i agree that things like Paracesis and the Shedu should reset it.

• Like 1