Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crewships in murex raids should not respawn after we blow them up.

Lluid

I'm ok with the idea that enemy fighters respawn every time we kill them with the railjack while our teammates are defending the Oplinks in the Murex. They keep the pilot busy while waiting for ramsleds or splintryx.

However, crewships are a huge problem because they can destroy the satellite very fast between two murex phases. When one or two crewships happen to be in range of the satellite, even grabbing the satellite without stopping the railjack isn't always enough to protect the satellite.

So I thought, "let's blow them up !", and I quickly realized that every time I blow a crewship up, another one spawns very quickly, sometimes even closer to the satellite.

As a result, fighting them is completely pointless and the transition between two murex feels like a gamble. I think driving them off should be rewarding.

Side notes :

- the animation of the satellite being grabbed is misleading since it is very slow, whereas the satellite is actually grabbed instantly and follows us, which isn't clear at all. Doesn't help much though.
- crewships often teleport around 2km away when a murex leaves. Is it intended ?
- I once saw an Amesha placing a bubble to stop shots every time, but that's not something we should expect to happen consistently with every squad. There might be railjack protective abilities I didn't try yet, but that's not the point of this thread : the point is that blowing a crewship up should lead to a safer transition instead of a respawn.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lluid said:

There might be railjack protective abilities I didn't try yet

If you have the Avionic called Particle Ram, deploy that and your Satellite should be safe. EDIT: apparently that was incorrect 😞

22 hours ago, Lluid said:

fighting them is completely pointless and the transition between two murex feels like a gamble. I think driving them off should be rewarding.

I have to agree. Why neutralise the threat if it's instantly replaced with an identical threat?

Edited by OmegaVoid
Inaccurate information!
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OmegaVoid said:

If you have the Avionic called Particle Ram, deploy that and your Satellite should be safe. 😉

I use it all the time : it's not a shield, even though it looks like it. It's just a damage zone that looks cool.

I was more thinking about munitions vortex, it should absorb damage, but I never tried it.

Edited by Lluid
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Lluid said:

I use it all the time : it's not a shield, even though it looks like it. It's just a damage zone that looks cool.

Damn.

Since I'd always deployed it and never lost any Satellites, when I read a post somewhere that it protected the Satellite, I didn't question that. I'd assumed it meant Particle Ram did enough damage to the missiles that they were destroyed before hitting the Satellite.

When I've had to use my RJ in Scarlet Spear, I've always just driven directly for the objective marker, and ignored the enemy spaceships. Parking the RJ inside the ribcage and the whole squad going inside the Murex seems to prevent anything bad happening outside the Murex.

The only time I've seen the RJ taking damage while we were inside the Murex was when a Ramsled had impacted it just before the squad went into the Murex and the boarding party didn't get dealt with. I don't recall the Satellite getting hurt after it was in position.