Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Exalted Melee Buff?

(PSN)chris1pat8twins

We all know that melees have gained a buff to make them more useful. Yet the exalted melees have been sort of left out. Be nice to have them buffer or changed a little make them more useful. Like why use an exalted if regular melees can now get the job done without sacrificing so much energy? 

A few changes I suggest would be:

1). Stances. Don’t know what the rest of you but I hate the back and forth swinging of Exalted Blade and hate when my wukong falls to the ground like some drunk monkey after like the third swing where he spins the staff. Think they need better combos which we have a lot of different ones to choose from. Also the slide radial blind is annoying. I like to just slide melee attack without draining my energy and barely blinding some enemies. 

2). Damage. I don’t expect the damage to sky rocket but I do believe they need to be increased some to balance out with the recent melee buff. Exalted melees should be the most damaging abilities due their limited kill count and energy drain. To accommodate the lack of kill count and energy, they should do a lot of damage. 

3). Combo multiplier. Don’t know about the rest of you but having 2 separate combo counters is like nerf or slap to the face of those who uses the combo counter. Exalted melees should share the combo counter of the regular melee. If that means a certain melee buffing the exalted more than others, then so be it. Be I nice combination to use. But for most melee users switching to an exalted just for the combo counter to reset is annoying. Especially when the energy runs out. 

4). Heavy Attacks. I do believe the exalted melees deserve their very own unique heavy attacks. Like Exalted Blade delivering a wide range and long range blade slash beam. Could be determined by how high the combo multiplier is when performed. Wukong’s staff could do some sort of heavy spin throw that maybe causes a little wind effect on those close to it, before the staff returns. 

5). Slams. I do feel that the slams should be greater too. Like maybe the Exalted Blade slamming into the ground will also cause blades to shoot out and pierce nearby enemies. Wukong’s staff could be something like being able to perform multiple slams. 

These are just some examples. I don’t want to throw up numbers cause that is up to DE to decide. But I hate how weak my exalted melees feel in comparison to my regular melees of the same build. I barely used them even before the melee 3.0. But now they feel even more useless. 

The only Exalted melees that really need a buff are Hysteria and Iron Staff. Exalted Blade and Serene Storm are currently in very good positions.

Hysteria deals ok damage, but it’s range makes it about as practical as a dagger (so it’s worthless). It (and Valkyr as a whole) need a complete redesign.

Iron Staff is just a joke of a weapon now. It deals roughly 20x less damage than it did prior to Melee 3.0. Like your issue with his neutral stance ending abruptly because he drops the staff didn’t matter because every enemy near him was already dead. Now it’s just a glorified twig.

The reason why Hysteria and Iron Staff got screwed by Melee 3.0 while EB and SS didn’t is because they relied on the combo multiplier to boost their damage while EB and SS don’t. And when Melee 3.0 came around and made the combo multiplier only effect heavy attacks. Exalted weapons did not receive the base damage increase all normal melee weapons received as compensation for the loss.

Given the fact that the only things the combo multiple benefits is blood rush and heavy attacks, the fact that exalted weapons have a seperate combo counter doesn’t matter, as they can’t use blood rush, so their damage remains constant regardless of the multiplier.

Yes, exalted weapons should have their own unique heavy attacks.

Honestly, your biggest issue is going to be convincing the other forums users that the exalted melees need to be buffed, as many of them believe that they’re awful performance is justified because they have “unique mechanics”. Life steal and long range don’t mean much when the weapons perform worse than most basic melee weapons. Or some of them think Iron Staff isn’t bad, which is insane that you can look at it’s pitiful performance and call it acceptable for an exalted weapon to deal such low damage.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301