Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Derelict Extermination Problems

TheLaughingSkull

OK...I can only guess I'm not the only one out there but, lately I've been running the OD keys thanks to the vault prize. Unfortunately, my mode of choice, Extermination, as been spawning Grineer on a, to what I am to believe, an Infestation only map, not only that but they spawn in the numbers of the Infested which means (no joke guys) 50 dudes in one room. I accidently formaed my maxed warframe so I'm back to a noob in regards to survivability and I'm geared for infestation.

I'm just wondering if it is a legit problem or if they added that in as a little surprise like those random mission events. Either way, definitely needs nerfing, I'm sure with a group its no big deal but I hate recruiting people and I don't have many online friends. Seriously, I get &!$$ed off at the ancients as it is, I don't need the napalm guys trolling my shields as I get knocked down every two seconds.

I assume the other modes are having a similar situation but I can only confirm the Extermination.

Edited by TheLaughingSkull

It hasn't happened before, plus do they spawn in groups of 50?

Yes it actually did happen before the Dragon Keys were added. It was rare but other faction spawning is part of the OD map generation. Now it could very likely be that said code is bugged and causing the Grineer spawn to occur far more frequently then intended.

Yes, Grineer will spawn in large groups depending on the level of play. It is quite possible to wander into the sights of a firing squad. As to 50 grineer, are you sure you got a good head count and it wasn't more like 25 and just felt like 50 because of the bullet hell you weren't expecting to face?

Yes it actually did happen before the Dragon Keys were added. It was rare but other faction spawning is part of the OD map generation. Now it could very likely be that said code is bugged and causing the Grineer spawn to occur far more frequently then intended.

Yes, Grineer will spawn in large groups depending on the level of play. It is quite possible to wander into the sights of a firing squad. As to 50 grineer, are you sure you got a good head count and it wasn't more like 25 and just felt like 50 because of the bullet hell you weren't expecting to face?

I watched the counter as I killed them, sure enough, just about 50 or at least 45 guys were in one room. The room was fairly large I won't deny and, looking back with a cooler head, it is possible the gunfire attracted guys from other rooms. I most certainly agree with the proposition of the corrupt coding which is why I hope to see it fixed soon.