Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Enough Ammo?

MinimumGTP

Question

I started playing Warframe yesterday and I love it so far except for one little detail: I keep running low on ammo!

I actually completely ran out of ammo during the Captain Vor boss battle.  I failed the mission because my guns went click click instead of bang bang.

I've tried smashing crates and looting corpses but my ammo pool keeps getting low.  It's not my accuracy either.  I hit 56% of the shots I take.  The only two things that might be causing it is an imbalance or the fact that I'm playing solo.

What is going on?  Am I missing something?  Has something gone wrong?

Thanks,

Matt

5 answers to this question

well imo vor is too tough for the new peeps who just started, try  saving ammo by using your lato on trash mob, save the braon  till you get to the boss.

if you can, try going up against him with a party.

Edited by Fammia

no, nothing wrong. you don't have any real damage output without the mods to increase it.

so you're using far more ammo than you will later to put out the same damage.

you're not going to like this answer, but now you get to go spend days farming things to increase your damage output / armor penetration etc. so that you can be functional against high(er) level mobs.

using your melee weapon more often is also a tactic...

Edited by xethier

As xethier said above me, you need to be using modules on your weapons to increase their damage output to kill enemies in fewer shots. You will also have to fuse other mods to these damage mods to increase their rank and make them more effective.

Also, there are mods to increase your clip / magazine size, which you may find useful. Later on in the game, when you get stronger, you can get mods that will convert ammo drops to one type (i.e. sniper and rifle to pistol ammo).

So it sounds like I need to find a group to join or spend time grinding items and xp.  I'll probably end up joining a group because grinding isn't my favorite thing to do.

I did try to use melee to conserve ammo but I'd always take too much damage for my liking.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

When you are running Mercury I am almost sure you can kill all Grineer in one charge attack of your Skana, except bosses and heavies. Combine that with your Tenno agility and shields (meaning, stay on the move!) your mileage will increase. Not to say ammo is not scarce at first, it is. Gets better after you add nd fuse some ammo MODs.