The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Please Fix controllers used for PC playing

Longbeardy

Hello all, I have been playing warframe for a long time, first starting years ago on PS4 but recently a few months on PC. I'm uncomfortable playing on a keyboard so naturally I play on controller instead through steam. 

Here's the issue(s) though, 

Alot of functions and controls are lost when using a controller on PC. 

Such as: Unable to boost in rail jack or Archwing, not able to use emotes, unable to open the minimap to see the map (such as on Plains or orb vallis). And many other things that have to do with chat and whatnot. 

This makes the game extremely frustrating to play and ultimately limiting on the gaming experience. 

Even when using the recommended settings for a controller on PC as recommended by DE or Steam, these features I have explained still do not work. 

If anyone has any solutions or if DE would care to comment on this or offer a fix in a new patch (please god) 

Then it would be greatly appreciated

I don't have any of these issues myself, and I don't think Steam Input API is the issue either. This sounds to me like your in game bindings aren't ideal.

Have you tried resetting the binds to default? Also, are you using Toggle Sprint (which will help for the boosts of Archwing and Railjack)? Like, try to make sure you're binding all these actions somewhere in the Controller binding menu ingame.

16 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I don't have any of these issues myself, and I don't think Steam Input API is the issue either. This sounds to me like your in game bindings aren't ideal.

Have you tried resetting the binds to default? Also, are you using Toggle Sprint (which will help for the boosts of Archwing and Railjack)? Like, try to make sure you're binding all these actions somewhere in the Controller binding menu ingame.

I have done what you recommended and nothing has changed 

1 hour ago, Longbeardy said:

I have set everything to default. I Will try the toggle sprint and see what happens. But the emote menu and whatnot still does not work

Hmm. Do you have the gear menu bound? To access the emote wheel, open gear menu, press RB (or R1). Play an emote by hovering over it and pressing A or X (for DS4 users)

1 hour ago, Longbeardy said:

I have done what you recommended and nothing has changed 

Can you show me a screenshot of your ingame bindings?

Edited by NightmareT12
Wording