Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Is Inferior In Many Ways..

jaybayblay

Despite being meant from sniping, as well as being powerful (as it ought to be), it can get a lot of kills pretty fast with the right set up. As enemy levels get higher, due its power, it's going to be taking out a lot of enemies faster than other weapons as it will still be one shotting them while other weapons are using a lot of time and ammo to take out these enemies.

About cosmetc aspect:

Lanka needs a visual where it seems to charge its shots.

This all happens inside the weapon, so all you would see on the outside would be a small flashing light or something ...

sniping situations seem mediocre when most of the time you can quickly run up in range then burst,

Yeh, that's a major problem in this game. The tiles aren't big enough for sniping most of the time (or you have tons of stuff blocking your sight). As well as the still broken headshot counter in the mission results. I have a friend who is very keen on sniping and getting headshots, so that's a big downer for him.

I just hope they buff it or at the very least change the design, not sure why they redesigned prova over lanka cause we all know how much everyone loves their prova

buff lanka is a bit insane,its a one shoot high-lv-enemy-gun whith (if right modded) ok rof

think about the new mod heavy caliber which works atm good as hell on this sweet gun, the onlyst problem is that the game isn´t that much sniper based

~snip~

The tiles aren't big enough for sniping most of the time (or you have tons of stuff blocking your sight). As well as the still broken headshot counter in the mission results. I have a friend who is very keen on sniping and getting headshots, so that's a big downer for him.

I agree. We have rifles and bows that can reach out and touch targets at very long range, but not the long ranges to exploit their capabilities.

Fix the headshot counter, DE. The damage bonus, one shot kills and the challenge make headshots worthwhile, but only a handful of weapons show the actual number of hits, even then I think its off. It drives me nuts....

This is the problem with putting Mastery Rank restrictions on weapons.

Players want balance based on this made-up, pointless ranking system.

"The Blind leading the Deaf"

UM wow problem with putting mastery rank restrictions on weapons huh.. interesting. Makes sense for a rank 1 to get a Supra/Acrid while the people who are rank 5+ have nothing to look forward to. You're also being a noob if you don't believe there should be some balance between ranked clan weapons, rank 2 guns outclassing rank 5+ how does that work for 'balanced', every1 can just skip the higher rank guns IF the rank 2 gun was that much better.

Just because you're a 'founder' doesn't mean you're allowed to say useless things, THANKS noob master

Edited by jaybayblay

Regardless, too many players discount how a weapon is used when making dps claims. 

This. This so much ...

Sometimes I just like to try and go full stealth. Then I grab my Vandaltron and my Shade, move slowly from room to room and take out the enemies one by one, trying to use only one well-placed bullet for each. It's about dps then, too. But in this case, it's damage per shot.

I just wish DE gave me more environments to do so. :-(

until they remove the charge time on it or some sort of modification

LANKA IS TRASH

Just think of the total charge time as the total ROF:

If your base ROF translates to 0.667 seconds to fire one bullet, your base charging time is also 0.667 seconds to fire one bullet. The charge time isn't that bad, people.

UM wow problem with putting mastery rank restrictions on weapons huh.. interesting. Makes sense for a rank 1 to get a Supra/Acrid while the people who are rank 5+ have nothing to look forward to. You're also being a noob if you don't believe there should be some balance between ranked clan weapons, rank 2 guns outclassing rank 5+ how does that work for 'balanced', every1 can just skip the higher rank guns IF the rank 2 gun was that much better.

Just because you're a 'founder' doesn't mean you're allowed to say useless things, THANKS noob master

Where to begin?

Ah, well lets first cut out any of your language that isn't constructive...

Makes sense for a rank 1 to get a Supra/Acrid while the people who are rank 5+ have nothing to look forward to. You don't believe there should be some balance between ranked clan weapons, rank 2 guns outclassing rank 5+ how does that work for 'balanced', every1 can just skip the higher rank guns IF the rank 2 gun was that much better.

Good good. Making progress. Now lets add some grammar and distill your post down to what you're actually saying...

A rank 1 shouldn't be able to equip a Supra/Acrid.

People who are rank 5+ have nothing to look forward to.

You don't believe there should be some balance between ranked clan weapons.

People would just "skip over" lesser weapons

Ah. A coherent post I can actually dignify with a response. Thank you, jaybayblay, for voicing your concern with my opinion. Here is my response:

Weapons should be able to stand on their own. This is not should not be a traditional MMORPG, or even a Diablo/Borderlands style game where one constantly "upgrades" their weapon as they play.

The whole point of weapon slots, and warframes is to give the player a vast arsenal and as many choices possible when it comes to both style of play, and personal preference as well as the mood of the player.

Only allowing a handful of weapons that are "top rank" of a system designed around "Mastering" a wide variety of weapons seems counter productive. Why am I Master rank 12 if there are only 2 weapons appropriate for such a rank? What about all those weapons I mastered along the way? A martial artist does not abandon his fists when he learns to use the staff, why would I abandon my Gorgon just because I unlocked my Supra?

Now lets take a look at those "noobs" getting their hands on an Acrid at mastery rank 1. Please tell me how that negatively effects their experience. Do you mean to say that once you get that weapon, the game becomes boring? What about players with 600+ hours clocked on? You know they have at least 400 hours with the Acrid, or Ogris, or whatever weapon they like, and they continue to play.

Maybe they stop buying weapons because they find that they like the Acrid. How is that bad? Oh no, DE has to actually make other weapons compete with the Acrid in terms of effectiveness? Oh, the humanity! However.... That does solve your question of balance, and skipping over lesser weapons now, doesn't it?

Questions? Or am I too "noob" to bother talking to?

new looks first DE

oh and a response to that other guy, sorry didn't wana read everything too lazy BUT if you're saying all weapons are available from the start, the majority are going to for the same weapons (clan weapons) thus majority of other weapons in this game are suddenly more meek than it already is, you're forced to use weapons you won't use in this game but at least you're trying a new gun; btw grats on rank 12 but there's more than 2 weapons viable for high level usage so relax and stay on topic, spamming just because you're upset over things that aren't even real. Rank requirements exist, talk about that elsewhere if you have a problem but people such as myself don't really mind looking forward to working towards a better gun it makes it that much worthwhile to have done so which was why they made it in the first place, THANKS.

Edited by jaybayblay