Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trouble with Vox Solaris, need an answer

CirenePrime

I've been having trouble with Vox Solaris for a few months now. None of my frames are strong enough (no matter how I upgrade them), and I'm not a solo player, (usually only playing defense for my team and providing health or haste with wisp or protection with Frost..

Is there a way to shift the mission to make it not solo, or at least drop the amount of enemies that spawn at the drone section? They do too much damage, and there's way too many spawning for me to get my bearings after I take the drone down. Nobody in their right mind can kill them fast enough. Nothing that I've tried works.

12 minutes ago, CirenePrime said:

Nobody in their right mind can kill them fast enough

Not to be rude: I seem to remember that this quest was dead easy. I dI’d it when the stronger enemies were around, the ones that got nerfed. So unless DE has actually buffed it again there really shouldn’t be an issue.

What have you tried? Without that how can we know why you are failing?

• Get some decent weapons, mod them properly. Get a more tanky frame, or a DPS one, mod hem correctly. If you do that it should be fairly easy. I imagine it could be done with Wisp just fine, you use the buffs.

I would also suggest considering wether or not you need to kill the drones. If not, jump on an archwing and run away.

Finished myself recently, ignore people saying it is easy, it isn't. And no, the Vox Solaris quest is solo only.

Best advice, equip mag damage dealing primary and secondary, fast hitting ranged. And then heat damaging melee.

I got it done with 30 Excal, with dual skana, and the mk1 SMG and pistol. The mission after it, the rescue is even harder. But after that it gets better, more about moving to objectives fast and the instant mission fails are less horrid. I found if you make the mobs, especially the spamming and crappy cheese A.I. corpis drones chase you up the two embankment buildings on either side, you at least have cover from one way while you kite, and damage the others attacking you, and they tended to ignore the drone then to. Easy to make them chase you, not attack it, if you hit and run with melee.

Hope that helps. But yeah, it is a frustrating zerg rush of a set up, with the drone and shield strip spam as it tries to lockdown.

Edited by UilliamNebel

I'd suggest to use a high range, high duration Limbo.

IIRC in this stage of the quest there are no nullifiers yet, so you can keep the bubble up for quite a while and recast it, once the Drone is near the edge.

Or you put all into duration and just Banish it, then cataclysm-bombing the Corpus that are around.