Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opt out Extraction in any mission

(PSN)Darkrya

I feel as if the opt-out extraction that happens in Survivals, Defense, and Interception, should apply to all missions, I'm kinda tired of getting held hostage in my own capture mission, or Kuva Lich mission.

I don't want to come off too aggressive but I feel both parties would benefit from the feature being universal in all mission types, and I don't want to act like I know what it takes to program this game, but I feel the solution is within our grasps.

I dont know, tell me what you think, it feels like a a straight forward change, but maybe there are unforeseen consequences I'm not seeing.

• Like 1

I guess if during a capture mission host got to the extraction first and left he would cause serious host migration problems for everyone else. Host loads out, goes back to his orbiter and clients are still in mission? nah, it would explode

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Savire510:

I guess if during a capture mission host got to the extraction first and left he would cause serious host migration problems for everyone else. Host loads out, goes back to his orbiter and clients are still in mission? nah, it would explode

How would it be different from Survival or Excavation?

It's not as if they need to rebuilt the whole game for each mission type. The general mechanics of the game are the same for every ground mission, it's just the extraction trigger that's different. Depeding on the mission type it's either a "on enter" check, or a simple 2 way choice.

Personally I assume that a "Stay/Leave" choice for every mission would help with circumventing some of the bugs - like when you're forced back to a specific point in the map in a survival mission and therefore being unable to leave at all.

22 hours ago, Savire510 said:

Hm, then perhaps implement it only for non-hosts? However, it's rather nice to be dragged to extraction if you get stuck somewhere due to bugs...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I also feel like an opt-out would be a good idea. During syndicate missions, even if I am looking for syndicate marks and is 400+ meters away from extraction, I still get forced to extract if other people are extracting. I get it, freedom to choose what you want, and I get why people want to extract, maybe an alert or invasion has come up, that they need to tend to, or they want to play other missions in general; I would also feel similar if I wanted to extract. But as it is now, the player who DON'T want to extract is forced to, and is then robed of their freedom to choose.
Just my 5 cents, because I enjoy the missions that has solo extraction; If the coding for enemy capacity is fluent enough. Being the only one left from a full squad, with full squad enemy spawn rate is not ideal. 

Sincerely