The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack: Components Effect Changes

(XBOX)l Saminator l

With the Railjack Revisit coming in the near future, I thought now would be a good time to share my thoughts on some component effects that either underperform, or rarely activate due to the specific requirement needed. 

So below, I have written down the current effects several Railjack components have that I feel should be either tweaked slightly or completely changed, as well as adding in the reasoning in the notes. 

Shield Array

Lavan Shield Array Mk III

Current - Convert 100% consumed flux energy to shields

New - Consume flux energy to replenish 10% of shields

Note - Battle Avionics consume 25-100 Flux energy per usage, which means that currently, your shields will only gain an incredibly small boost with this Lavan Shield Array Effect. This boost in shields will mostly go unnoticed, so I feel this change will be more useful. 

Current - Shields replenish 50x faster while cloaked

New - Shields Replenish 2x faster while Boosting

New - Shields Replenish by 10% on every kill. 

Note - When cloaked, the Railjack will usually avoid enemy fire as it becomes undetectable from enemy fighters and Crewships, so a faster shield Regen whe cloaked isn't very useful. I think these two newer options would do better while still being balanced. 

Vidar Shield Array Mk III

Current - 30% of Shield Damage is diverted to increase Turret Damage by up to 300 for the next shot fired

New - Turret Damage increased by 25% when shields are above 50%

Note - The current effect here doesn't scale well. 300 damage isn't much on higher level nodes, especially when it's only for the next shot fired. Considering the rarity of the Vidar Shield Arrays, they deserve a better scaling effect. 

Current - Every 10s, shields apply an Electrical proc to all enemies within 50m

New - Every 10s, shields apply an electrical proc to all fighters within 500m

New - Every 10s, shields apply an electrical proc to all enemies on board the Railjack. 

Note - I've tested this effect earlier today, as couldn't notice an electrical proc of either the enemy fighters or the enemies on board. If the 50 metres is meant for just outside the Railjack towards enen fighters, then 50 metres is far too small. 500m should be more noticeable. 

The other option of it just electrifying enemies inside the Railjack could also come in handy. 

Current - Redirect 50 Energy to Shields with every kill

New - 2x Faster Shield Regen on every kill

Note - Losing energy on a kill for shields is a poor exchange considering how fast Railjacks lose shield at the moment. Energy is more important than shields in most cases, so it shouldn't be sacrificed for shields. Instead, we should gain faster shield Regen on a kill, and nothing is sacrificed here. 

Zekti Shield Array Mk III

Current - +25% Railjack damage while shield depleted

New - 25% Turret Damage when shields are below 30%

Note - Zekti Shield Array Mk III's often have a very short shield recharge delay, often leading to some shields beginning to recharge after just 1 second. So the current effect doesn't give us much time to have the Railjack damage boost. Having the bonus just at any time our shields are below 30% should allow this effect to activate moe frequently as for longer periods of time. 

Current - +10% Tenno shields on Railjack

New - +10% to all Tenno Shields 

New - Constant 10% Shield Recharge for 10 Seconds after destroying a Crewship

Note - The constant shield Regen will work similar to Arcane Aegis, with a duration of 10 seconds, an activating only after a Crewship has been blown up. Or just a 10% bonus to shields to all Tenno in general, instead of only in the Railjack. 

Engines

Lavan Engines Mk III

Current - Tenno gain 500 overshields after being launched from the Slingshot

New - +20% Top Speed for 10 seconds after destroying a Crewship

Note - Engines effects should focus more on speed & boost speed

Current - +20% Top Speed while shields are depleted

New - +20% Top Speed while shields are below 50%

Note - Having a quick shield recharge delay counters the current effect the Engines can give, such as a good Zekti Shield Array as the shields will often not be fully depleted. Having the shields just below 50% to activate this effect will be more fair. 

Vidar Engines Mk III

Current - +50% boost speed while shield depleted

New - +50% boost speed while shields are below 50%

Note - Having a quick shield recharge delay counters the current effect the Engines can give, such as a good Zekti Shield Array as the shields will often not be fully depleted. Having the shields just below 50% to activate this effect will be more fair.

Reactor

Lavan Reactor Mk III

Current - Increase shields by 50 for each point of unused Avionics Capacity

New - +100 Overshields on every kill (stacks to +1200)

Note - The current effect needs a complete change. We shouldn't discourage the community from equipping their avionics just to gain small amounts of extra shield.

Current - Tenno gain 50% Damage increase for 5s after being launched from the Slingshot

New - Tenno gain 50% Damage increase for 10s after boarding a Crewship

Note - The current effect here would often have you losing your damage bonus just before entering the crewship due to 5 seconds being io short, as well as he bonus activating from launching using the slingshot, instead of activating when boarding the crewship. This change should allow the effect to be more noticeable. 

Vidar Reactor Mk III

Current - Tenno gain 50% Speed Boost for 5s when deploying their Archwing

New - Tenno Gain 100% Damage Immunity for 5s when deploying their archwing

Note - This should decrease the number of deaths that occur for some players just after leaving the Railjack.

Any Component Effects that exist in-game but aren't on this list is because i feel those certain effects are in a good spot at the moment. 

If anyone feels they have some better effects they can add to this while still maintaining a good balance for the game, please feel free to share! 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Wyndcaller said:

I really like your ideas. I think it helps address one type being the "best" and allows for more varied gameplay.

Thanks. Yeah their are several bonuses here that just hardly work, or do work but almost to no effect. Shields, engines and reactors each tend to have 2 different bonus, but they all seem to have 1 decent bonus, and 1 awful bonus. So it's not leaving you with much of a choice. 

Some of current bonuses even doesn't work...
And it seems was set in mode "enough for ver 1.0".
I suggest such bonuses also:

Increase Forge yields for Flux Energy by +50 - 100 (relevant for Zetki Reactors with high Energy Capacity)
Reduce Boost consumption by 10%
Increase speed of Boost recharge by 15%
Reduce Flux Energy consumption by 5%
Frost proc apply to all enemies within 500m when shields depleted, with 20s cooldown
Increase charge speed for Forward Artillery by 20%

18 hours ago, Toonya said:

Some of current bonuses even doesn't work...
And it seems was set in mode "enough for ver 1.0".
I suggest such bonuses also:

Increase Forge yields for Flux Energy by +50 - 100 (relevant for Zetki Reactors with high Energy Capacity)
Reduce Boost consumption by 10%
Increase speed of Boost recharge by 15%
Reduce Flux Energy consumption by 5%
Frost proc apply to all enemies within 500m when shields depleted, with 20s cooldown
Increase charge speed for Forward Artillery by 20%

Those are some good ideas too 🙂

• 3 weeks later...