The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game not displaying on monitor after latest update

Operator_Error

I just updated to the latest build this morning, and when clicking 'Play' from the launcher, the monitor switches as though it's entering the game, and then I'm given a "No signal, Display going into sleep mode" notice, while the music for the login screen continues playing. This is only occurring on my primary monitor, an LG 32ML6-TM; the game displays correctly on my AOC Q2963PM monitor.

I double-checked if I was up-to-date on video drivers (I was not), and updated to the latest driver. I then discovered that I was experiencing the "GeForce Xperience Bug", where the GeForce app changes all the settings, so I've removed that app, and confirmed that the game still does not correctly display on my primary monitor. I'm not sure how to include a DXDiag .txt file, and trying to preview this post shows me a blank post, so I can't even confirm that spoiler tags work.

open a folder on desktop, change the address to

%appdata%/../local/warframe

find EE.CFG - search for...

Graphics.Borderless=1

if you have Graphics.Borderless=0 or no such entry, simply add the above line so it reads =1 underneath [Windows_Config,/EE/Types/Base/Config]

save the .cfg file then start warframe, hopefully you start using borderless fullscreen instead of fullscreen and you can change your options to normal, cant remember if that works offhand, but worth a shot.

pwmJz3I.jpg
dpSWF6u.jpg

Edited by Methanoid

8 hours ago, Methanoid said:

Graphics.Borderless=1

if you have Graphics.Borderless=0 or no such entry, simply add the above line so it reads =1 underneath [Windows_Config,/EE/Types/Base/Config]

save the .cfg file then start warframe, hopefully you start using borderless fullscreen instead of fullscreen and you can change your options to normal, cant remember if that works offhand, but worth a shot.

pwmJz3I.jpg
dpSWF6u.jpg

I just tried forcing the game in windowed via Steam properties, but I'll see if this works. I ran into a similar problem with Killing Floor 2, which was resolved by forcing -windowed, then confirming the resolution via in-game options.

Edit - I've tried searching for EE.cfg, and it's not anywhere I can find. In fact, I can't find anything when  searching *.cfg, either. The options here are that it might be a different file under steam, or I'm clueless. I'll give 1:1 on the latter.

Edit 2: Actually input the string you gave me, and got this - 

[spoiler=Text from relevant section of EE]

[Windows_Config,/EE/Types/Base/Config]
Graphics.AnisotropicFiltering=ATF_8X
Graphics.AntiAliasing=AA_TEMPORAL
Graphics.AutoDetectGraphicsSettings=0
Graphics.BlurLocalReflections=0
Graphics.FullScreen=1
Graphics.FullScreenPosX=1920
Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=1920
Graphics.FullScreenSizeY=1080
Graphics.GPUParticlesQuality=GPQ_MEDIUM
Graphics.GeometryDetail=GD_HIGH
Graphics.HLODDistanceScale=0.80000001
Graphics.ImposterDistanceScale=0.80000001
Graphics.ParticleSysQuality=PQ_HIGH
Graphics.RefreshRate=59.939999
Graphics.ShadowQuality=SQ_HIGH
Graphics.TextureQuality=TQ_HIGH

Before editing, "Graphics.FullScreenSizeX=2560" appeared, where I've now edited that to by "=1920", to match the settings on my monitor.

[/spoiler]

Hopefuilly this works, testing now, will write another post is it doesn't, and yes, I remembered to backup the EE.cfg, prior to editing. 😄

Edited by Operator_Error
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Methanoid said:

Graphics.Borderless=1

pwmJz3I.jpg
dpSWF6u.jpg 

Correcting the "X=2560" to "X=1920" corrected the issue, appreciate the concise direction. 😄

Would appreciate a mod pinning this corrective reply of the nice tenno to some thread on video issues. 🙂

• Like 1