Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Missions: Nekros Is A Must

TheSphynx

Ever since the release of survival missions, I have found myself almost always running one. I enjoy solo play, but I mostly play with one other clanmate. Trying different Warframes and different builds to optimally survive longer. My longest solo run was Mimas, Saturn. 43:32 Solo Nekros. My highest solo time without using Nekros was 35:40 with Vauban and that was with some incredible luck. Usually, I cannot seem to get past 30m solo unless I am using Nekros. Enemies do not drop Air enough to survive without desecrate.

It seems if you want to consistently go over 30 minutes in survival, you will need to bring along a Nekros. I feel that is an issues as it is forming a "meta-game". An easy solution to this issue would be to increase the drop rate of Air when there is not a Nekros in the party. That would allow more warframes to survive longer than 30m in a survival mission.

A lot of people enjoy setting new personal bests on different Warframes. As of right now, in solo survival missions, no other Frame will ever last as long as Nekros. I understand some Warframes are stronger against certain Factions (i.e. Frost Globe vs. Ranged Enemies, Bastille vs. Infested) and a necessity in most mission types, but I feel there isn't a "requirement". You could switch a Frost for a Nyx or Nekros in a T3 Def and complete the mission without a problem. When it comes to survival, it's almost "required" to bring a Nekros. No other Warframe can bring what he does to this specific mission type. You don't often find yourself saying "We can't do this mission because we don't have that Warframe". With Survival and Nekros, you do.

What do you guys think? Should survival be based on RNG luck of Air drops? Do you also feel Nekros is a pretty solid requirement in Survival mission past 20m? Let me know what you think!

I do feel the % of air drops should be upped a bit. When survival first arrived yes, the drop rate was nuts, but now it seems they're a bit too rare than they should be. As if we've gone from one extreme to another. 

Edited by Naith

I almost broke an hour on Apollodorus without a Nekros. (59:25)

Wasn't solo, but still. While I agree that Nekros is good simply for the fact that he can spawn LS unlike any other frame, there are others that can really shine in certain situations.

When I did that run and enemies got to level 200+, we were basically either dead, or under the effects of Blessing. And at that point, you don't really kill enemies fast enough for desecrate to be worth it, over more CC or some serious DPS(namely Electric Shield + Synapse), as it becomes more reliable to get a few drops here and there, pop Blessing, throw out some CC and pray that your trip to the next LS capsule will be successful.

if you want to get past a certain wave in defense, you will need frost.
This thing has existed for a while with defense and I think there won't be much done in survival. When you really think about it, it's kind of good for those individual warframes?