The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dragon Key Lore Dilemma...

Xylia

Basically DE described it as this...

The ships that didn't make and now derelict ships locked what they could in a vault... The ones that did make it into the void didn't have to lock their stuff in a vault since they are just floating in the void where it is safe...

therefore no vault, and if you did find it. It would be wide open since the Orokin didn't use the vaults while in the void, because there was no reason to.

Edited by Arlayn

The good part of lacking lore is that it allows creative people to make S#&$ up that actually allows completely unrelated decisions to coalesce in a story that makes sense.

Would it take so long to grab some of the better explained lore from discussions long past, slap them together into the codex in game, and give the contributors some plat?

True, but with the thousands of keys that we Tenno used already, if ships didn't all have a unique key, then surely some of us would have run into a ship that was already picked clean by other Tenno (since Tenno seem to be the only ones capable of surviving in there without being corrupted by the sentries).

So, I think it is fair to say that all keys lead to ships not already found by the Tenno.

And even then, how would any singular Tenno know which keys are duplicates that lead to ships already visited, and which keys don't, when they are about to make a Dragon Key? If I hold a key in my hand, do I know whether or not that ship was already hit?

They're hidden in the void, all it means is that particular ship hadn't been found yet.  Presumably the tenno communicate with each other or the lotus enough to know what ships they've already hit.

And what if all the keys work all the ships?  Or that certain keys work for certain classes of ship?  All the problems you're suggesting can easily have a viable explanation written up for them.