The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ability Menu / Cast doesn't work when bound to LB

(XBOX)EpicPeggin

• TYPE: Key Binding Bug
  • DESCRIPTION: Ability Menu / Cast does not perform expected action when bound to Left Bumper.
  • VISUALVideo [0:42]
  • REPRODUCTION: Attempt using Ability Menu when bound to Left Bumper.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Expands Ability Menu or casts Ability.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Nothing. Literally nothing happens.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime when Ability Menu is bound to Left Bumper.

Edit (Tue 14 May) : This issue has been resolved via hotfix! (Fixed Wednesday night)

Have a pleasant casting of abilities everyone!  )

Edited by (XB1)EpicPeggin
  • Like 3

Same, also can't fire my weapons with Right Trigger

Found the issue with the right trigger: Omni binding in Ability menu makes that binding useless outside of the ability menu (in my case RT), was able to replicate it on other buttons.  Doesn't fix LB though.

Edited by (XB1)Calliber
  • Like 1

Same here.

Tried resetting controls to default, this binds ability menu to RB, and ability menu works there. But if i bind ability menu to LB in controls tab and ability menu control tab, ability menu stops working. The only other control tab that has an ability menu is the railjack control tab, and the game won't allow it to bind to any other button. Tried switching to use RB as ability menu but that makes me switch and use LB as melee. The result is me spamming ability menu when I'm wanting to melee and holding melee when I want to use an ability.

5 hours ago, (XB1)Calliber said:

Same, also can't fire my weapons with Right Trigger

Found the issue with the right trigger: Omni binding in Ability menu makes that binding useless outside of the ability menu (in my case RT), was able to replicate it on other buttons.  Doesn't fix LB though.

You can bind omni, transference, and tactical to the direction pad if they are conflicting with other controls. That's what I had to do to get ability menu to LB in the ability menu tab, but it sadly didn't fix LB problem either.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)oO VENDIGO Oo said:

Tried switching to use RB as ability menu but that makes me switch and use LB as melee. The result is me spamming ability menu when I'm wanting to melee and holding melee when I want to use an ability.

^ This haha.

4 hours ago, (XB1)oO VENDIGO Oo said:

You can bind omni, transference, and tactical to the direction pad if they are conflicting with other controls. That's what I had to do to get ability menu to LB in the ability menu tab, but it sadly didn't fix LB problem either.

Oh, that's how you get it over there, I have it on LB already but tried default and couldn't remember how to map it back since the game was intent on keeping it on RB.  Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Calliber said:

^ This haha.

Oh, that's how you get it over there, I have it on LB already but tried default and couldn't remember how to map it back since the game was intent on keeping it on RB.  Thanks!

Yeah you gotta jiggle it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Zinnicus said:

same I cant cast my 3 and 4 abilities since hot fix yestruday

While using ability menu? or do you have them directly mapped to a button without first pressing ability menu button. Also where do you have 3 and 4 mapped to? and you might check the other control tabs and see if there is any buttons conflicting with each other. Might be a bit of trial and error right now, and I haven't logged on to see if the mapping issue is fixed yet, but others have said it's fixed.

18 hours ago, (XB1)xWestsideSlum said:

Hey guys, not sure if i’m just lucky or they pushed a hotfix, but I don’t have an issue binding the ability menu to LB. I was having the issue yesterday but it’s working fine right now. 

Can confirm, it's been fixed! 🙂