Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Due to controller bindings, I can't access my fishing gear

(PSN)Unstar

I went to do the fishing Nightwave today only to find that I no longer have access to the old fishing menu that allows me to use different baits and dyes.  After pulling out my spear, there's a UI element that tells me to "hold R1".  So I did that, which did not allow me to access baits and dyes; instead, it caused my Titania to turn into a Pixie.  When I pressed R1 to change back to normal, I was no longer able to bring out my fishing gear.  I had to leave the mission and start again to be able to pull out my fishing spear.

The issue appears to be that I do not have "Ability Menu" bound to R1.  Instead, I have "Activate Selected Power" there.  I tried running entirely out of energy so that an ability couldn't be cast, thinking that maybe the ability was interrupting the fishing menu, but that didn't change it.  I changed my keybinds so that "Ability Menu" was on R1 again to test, and sure enough the fishing UI works fine with that.  But I can't play Warframe like that; I've had my keybinds the way they are for years. (also, I've never understood how people can use the "Ability Menu" as it is set by default; you have to activate abilities by pressing buttons with your right thumb, but your right thumb has to use your right analog stick to aim abilities...)

As a side-note, this is the second time that a new mechanic has been introduced that didn't work if "Ability Menu" wasn't assigned to R1 (the first was the Railjack controls); I get the feeling that the folks in charge of designing, implementing, and/or testing new types of controls are forgetting to take into account that controls can be rebound.  The fact that I can customize my controls is a major upside of Warframe, so please don't forget those who depart from the defaults. ❤️

Anyway, I love you, I appreciate you, you make a cool sweet game that brings me a lot of joy.  I hope that when you get a chance to fix this you can; at least fishing isn't part of the "main" game so it's not the end of the world if I need to rebind controls to fish.  But all the same it was a frustrating wall to run into.

• Like 1

All my ability controls were bound to the touchpad so there was never a reason to keep the ability menu at all. It's a bummer that the ability menu has to be crucial for baits and such now. Prefered the fishing spears and the tranq rifle having their own wheel to access their related items

• Like 2

Same issue here, i hate the idea that this seems to be being forced upon those of us that have never used or needed the ability menu. The old fishing/animal preservation UI was for superior to what we need to do now.

Also, what is the point of railjack having control options for switch power left/right if there is no control option for activate selected railjack power, it seems a bit redundant.

Edited by (PS4)DAVEGADGETBOY
  • Like 1