The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas Update Concept

(PSN)Grand_Sheba

"Gas damage is one of the six secondary elemental damage types, composed of Heat and Toxin elements. It is particularly effective against light Infested types, but deals lower damage to Corpus and Grineer bodies.

Status Effects

The status effect of Gas damage is Gas Cloud. It produces a gas cloud that deals a tick of damage each second to all enemies within a 3-meter radius; subsequent procs increase the radius by 0.3 meters up to 6 meters in total after 10 stacks. The cloud has a 6 second duration. Each tick deals Gas damage equal to 0.5 × Modded Damage × (1 + Faction Damage mods). As can be seen from the formula, tick damage does not scale with any Elemental mods. Multiple instances of the effect can stack on the same target, with each instance having its own timer"

-warframe.fandom.com/wiki current effects as of 5/2020

Gas damage is currently the most single purposed Element in the game where all other elements, I would have to exclude blast as well, having a multi-purpose use. Gas currently effects infested and only infested but due to infested also being weak to fire it makes having gas a wasted slot when you can stack it with anything else to have that weapon effective in taking down more than one faction.

I'd like to see Gas a more reliable element, especially since it requires 2 mod slot to create an "Advanced" element. So This is my Request for Gas to be effective.

Gas Update Concept

The status effect of gas damage is infested spores, this status effect releases a small green gas cloud with spores floating with in them that infects the target. Targets that are infected produce a gas cloud around their bodies up to 6 meters while taking a tick of Gas damage per second for 6 seconds. Enemies that come within 6 meters of the infected target become afflicted taking half the damage per tick as the Infected host and are covered in an brownish orange gas.

Those infected by the host cannot spread the infested spores further, only damaging them with another Gas status effect increasing stack to 10 will create a new host. At 10 stacks of tick damage an afflicted target can become a spore host which will then be able to apply a stack of gas damage to enemies with in 6 meters of them.

Infested spores reduces the accuracy of the afflicted target by 30% for 6 seconds. Subsequent procs add 5% reduced accuracy up to 75% in total after 10 stacks, with each proc having their own duration.

The damage formula would remain the same.

Gas damage is weak to Corpus Proto shields but effective against flesh, machinery is completely immune to gas damage.  Tenno (whats the plural for Tenno, just Tenno or is there an s?) affected by the Gas proc will have the screen turn a brownish/yellowish. While a Tenno is infected they can pass the infection on to allies that are with in 3 meters of them.

when adding color to your weapon's element(emission or energy) the afflicted will take the second color that the infected host takes.

Ex: emission color red and blue, infected host gas cloud is red with blue spores. Afflicted gas cloud is blue.

My ideas for these changers were inspired by the infested,Mostly the Gas infested Hive as well as the Mutalist Ospreys, and the gas city's breakable gas chambers.

On 2020-05-14 at 1:25 AM, (PS4)Grand_Sheba said:

"Gas damage is one of the six secondary elemental damage types, composed of Heat and Toxin elements. It is particularly effective against light Infested types, but deals lower damage to Corpus and Grineer bodies.

Status Effects

The status effect of Gas damage is Gas Cloud. It produces a gas cloud that deals a tick of damage each second to all enemies within a 3-meter radius; subsequent procs increase the radius by 0.3 meters up to 6 meters in total after 10 stacks. The cloud has a 6 second duration. Each tick deals Gas damage equal to 0.5 × Modded Damage × (1 + Faction Damage mods). As can be seen from the formula, tick damage does not scale with any Elemental mods. Multiple instances of the effect can stack on the same target, with each instance having its own timer"

-warframe.fandom.com/wiki current effects as of 5/2020

Gas damage is currently the most single purposed Element in the game where all other elements, I would have to exclude blast as well, having a multi-purpose use. Gas currently effects infested and only infested but due to infested also being weak to fire it makes having gas a wasted slot when you can stack it with anything else to have that weapon effective in taking down more than one faction.

I'd like to see Gas a more reliable element, especially since it requires 2 mod slot to create an "Advanced" element. So This is my Request for Gas to be effective.

Gas Update Concept

The status effect of gas damage is infested spores, this status effect releases a small green gas cloud with spores floating with in them that infects the target. Targets that are infected produce a gas cloud around their bodies up to 6 meters while taking a tick of Gas damage per second for 6 seconds. Enemies that come within 6 meters of the infected target become afflicted taking half the damage per tick as the Infected host and are covered in an brownish orange gas.

Those infected by the host cannot spread the infested spores further, only damaging them with another Gas status effect increasing stack to 10 will create a new host. At 10 stacks of tick damage an afflicted target can become a spore host which will then be able to apply a stack of gas damage to enemies with in 6 meters of them.

Infested spores reduces the accuracy of the afflicted target by 30% for 6 seconds. Subsequent procs add 5% reduced accuracy up to 75% in total after 10 stacks, with each proc having their own duration.

The damage formula would remain the same.

Gas damage is weak to Corpus Proto shields but effective against flesh, machinery is completely immune to gas damage.  Tenno (whats the plural for Tenno, just Tenno or is there an s?) affected by the Gas proc will have the screen turn a brownish/yellowish. While a Tenno is infected they can pass the infection on to allies that are with in 3 meters of them.

when adding color to your weapon's element(emission or energy) the afflicted will take the second color that the infected host takes.

Ex: emission color red and blue, infected host gas cloud is red with blue spores. Afflicted gas cloud is blue.

My ideas for these changers were inspired by the infested,Mostly the Gas infested Hive as well as the Mutalist Ospreys, and the gas city's breakable gas chambers.

I feel like it should have a unique effect of reducing enemy accuracy. Having gas sprayed into your eyes hurts and partially blinds you. Having it hit your throat makes it hard to breath which can weaken your movement and other things. Figured at least living things should have their accuracy reduced and movement slowed some. 

I even made a Gas Based Frame I called Hazard where the gas does just that while also being ignitable for serious blast damage. Basically he was created as a fail safe against the infested. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

I feel like it should have a unique effect of reducing enemy accuracy. Having gas sprayed into your eyes hurts and partially blinds you. Having it hit your throat makes it hard to breath which can weaken your movement and other things. Figured at least living things should have their accuracy reduced and movement slowed some. 

I even made a Gas Based Frame I called Hazard where the gas does just that while also being ignitable for serious blast damage. Basically he was created as a fail safe against the infested. 

I agree that's why i put it in my rework concept that you quoted. Later I will be doing a rework for blast as these 2 elements are pretty useless in game. I dont feel they focus on what actual Gas can do and what they already have in game both lore wise and effect wise. I think i saw your post about Hazard back when i was working on the ability concepts for Ori (The broken warframe).

It made me think about how Gas is the only element not used by warframes in game except for i think only 1 but thats condition based and its Revenat using is sentient ability. Which goes to show as poor gas is doing even by their own standards. Every other element is used for waframe abilities except gas, though i would have named the gas one Enferon after Darksector which gas damage came from.

Edited by (PS4)Grand_Sheba

4 hours ago, weeaboopotato said:

I suggested something simmilar with a damage rework I recently posted. This can be good considering it can infect other enemies and if it works like Saryn's spores this can be incredibly overpowered.l

Thanks for the reply!! Also, I see your point about it being overpowered like Saryn's spores but I tried to limit the spread in my rework by making a host deal a secondary effect from the initial gas status effect that we the Tenno use to infect targets. the host can only afflict others around them but those afflicted can not infect anyone they just have a small cloud of gas spores around them that deals half the damage that the host takes from the infested spores that procs from the gas damage on weapons/abilities.

where Saryn can just spam her spores even if she doesnt see the target and even if the target is infected she can just add more spores, plus the viral and corrosive combo with some posion is just pure cancer. she needs a rework lol

This rework would focus a bit more on speed and range mods on your weps, since you'll want a giant gas cloud full of infested spores to cover your enemies and have them close together infecting each other. mods like gunslinger and fury will allow players to reach that 10 proc stack limit to mutate the afflicted enemy into an airborne carrier/host that can spread the infested spores by being with in a certain range. i suppose i can add on to this for more balancing, like having the spread of infested spores decrease in damage as the airborne affects become less potent. this would have players move around more to infect new targets instead of just standing in on place with someone like Mesa and shoot everyone to keep the spread going at the same level of potency. although the damage would decrease the accuracy debuff would remain the same as part of the gas attribute.

I suppose having each spread  give a 15-25% reduction in potency could encourage players to move around more especially in end game, though this would still make this status effect very useful and with the right build super OP. having gas crit would give a chance for slash to also proc which would be interesting to experiment with your infested gas.

Though i actually want the damage to remain the same as the gas now, meaning that gas still isnt affected by status mods for the increase but status duration and status chance would effect gas. reason for this is to keep it from being an overpowered nuke aoe since gas is not a nuke type element and works as a dot.

what do you think of these additions in comparison to cancer sayrn?