Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a developer play time vlog?

UilliamNebel

Honestly, I just do not as I play the game and the issues I come across in terms of balance and how mission circumstances are set up, believe that the developers are indeed playing and engaged in Warframe, outside of brief mechanical verifications in developer mode or setting up demo reels. It makes it very hard to give much credibility when being told that DE hears, and understands the specifics of its customer/player feedback.

Can we perhaps, to re-establish belief that DE is actively engaged in the playing, not merely development of, Warframe, get weekly playcast of various DE development staff engaged in their own play sessions in as raw a format as possible? (Obviously, to screen out accidental release of privledged information, it should be reviewed and edited as needed.)

As a developer myself, in the field of electronic securities trading, I've learned how critical it is to improving the customer experience of my firm's software as a service, by consuming that service and it's offerings under the same conditions they do (Yes, I've usually lost, and sometimes gained no small amount of my own money as a result of this). As a developer, dealing with applications in the wild, you see data and circumstances no amount of testing would provide (You quite simply aren't even aware of the need for the data to be collected, or a test designed). You also gain a much more rooted customer perspective of your end user's experiences, not some remote rationalization of the data (based on your business metrics alone) to draw reasoned, but not as informed as needed, conclusions on.

I just don't believe DE development are active users, i.e., players of this their product. And as thus don't have much confidence for the player experience to improve, much less move toward the amazing potential it has, for me to invest further in both terms of my limitied play time and resource purchases in this game. I need to see some sort of ongoing documentation that is indeed happening to make me change my mind on investing more into Warframe, and feel much of the community feels the same as well.

Seeing developers just playing, and experiencing the game as we do, outside of demonstration and promotional material, would be a welcome addition to DE's efforts to engage and communicate with the player base as it would help restore confidence that the actual game which we play, and how we play it, is what development understands and is working toward impriving and expanding.

• Like 1

Steve has done undercover boss style streams of new player experience as he took notes. But has been a awhile.

Forcing yet another agenda for them to plan for and execute weekly accomplishes no more than current Community Team members playing and making their own reports of things they encountered.

• Like 1

they used to play all the time, i had atleast 4 DE members on my friends list during the first 2 or 3 years of the game and they were on often but i believe now their able to hide when their online as to not be flooded by players, its also likely that they have alt accounts since their de accounts give them the ability to enter a code and have everything in game, which then makes playing not really fun

Edited by Tokens210
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Firetempest said:

Forcing yet another agenda for them to plan for and execute weekly accomplishes no more than current Community Team members playing and making their own reports of things they encountered.

Yes it does. I can't even count the number of things, circumstances, and bugs I caught and fixed before a release, or made QoL ajustments to, that I alone was able to do as the software developr because I understood both the current whole of the service as an end user, and the parts I was trying to add or modify to it as a developer. Conformance testing, late alpha and beta inttergration, and in house trading desk testing all wouldn't have been able to do that as well as an egaged as an end user developer taking two hours a week to use their own product as the customer does.