Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seraph, the fallen angel v1.0

Gashabae

Seraph - based on the Seraphim of Judaism/Christianity

This is Seraph, the fallen, the spiteful.

Seraph's surrender to heresy split his soul in two. Tenno, beware of his judgement.

---

Base Statistics

Health - 100 (300 at max rank)

Shield - 200 (600 at max rank)

Armour - 225

Energy - 175 (263 at max rank)

Sprint - 0.95

Gender - Male

---

Passive(s)

Descendance

Seraph loses faith in his enemies the more he is forced to pacify them.

• Descendance meter is displayed in the lower-right on the HUD, above the ability icons.
    • Each enemy blinded by Protective Surge increases 2% of the meter.
    • Each enemy pacified by Heaven's Grace increases 1% of the meter.
    • Each status effect negated by Angelic Defence increases 0.5% of the meter.
    • Descendance cannot be increased while being used via the Vengeful abilities.
  • [Fall from Grace - Augment] When Descendance is filled Heresy will automatically become active and will remain active until Descendance is empty. Heresy can no longer be manually controlled. All abilities cost 75% less while Descendance is being used by Heresy, any additional modded efficiency is converted into strength during this time.

Hand of God

Seraph possess two sets of abilities; Benevolent and Vengeful. These two sets of abilities are swapped between through the use of Heresy.

Benevolent

Casting any ability will replenish 2.5 health per second for 8 seconds which can stack up to 20 health per second. Allies within 20 meters will receive this support buff. 

Vengeful

Any heat procs inflicted by Seraph's abilities last 50% longer and does 50% more damage.

Benevolent passive can overlap with Vengeful passive temporarily.

Holy Light

A state in which an enemy is procced by Holy Light resulting in a small light shinning down on them. This acts as a primer to other abilities with differing effects. This is only found in the Benevolent abilities and is the main method of increasing Descendance.

---

Abilities

If an effect from an ability cannot be modded for it will be highlighted in red, otherwise it should be fairly obvious which stat increases it.

Protective Surge & Chastised Surge - 25 energy

Seraph propels himself forward with his ethereal wings for 0.5/0.65/0.8/1.0 second with a wingspan of 3/3.25/3.75/4.0 meters at a speed of 12 m/s. Surge has a maximum of one use while airborne before Seraph must be grounded. 

Protective Surge [Benevolent]

Traveling through allies cleanses all active status effects.

• [Descendance] +2% per enemy blinded by synergy.
  • [Synergy] If enemies Seraph travels through are procced with holy light from Heaven's Grace or Consequence, they will be blinded for 3 seconds.
  • [Guardian Fiend - Augment] Refills 50% of missing shields for allies he surges through. This also decreases shield recharge delay by 50% for 18 seconds. Seraph benefits from both.

Chastised Surge [Vengeful]

Seraph leaves a trail of burning feathers in his wake. Near the end of the surge Seraph loses all momentum grinding to a halt by sweeping his wings in front of him inflicting 250/400/550/700 heat damage in a 5/6/7/8 meter line in front of him. 

• [Synergy] If Heaven's Fury is used on the burning feathers, they explode knocking down all enemies standing on them.
  • [Guardian Fiend - Augment] Seraph has greater control allowing him to stop at any time during the surge via a second cast of the ability.

Heaven's Grace & Heaven's Fury - 50 energy

Seraph hovers in place targeting all enemies in a 30/36.5/40.5/45 degree cone, caps at 80 degrees, in front of him with a range of 6/8/10/12 meters. The ability effect applies one target at a time with a 0.25 second delay. While stationary he is provided with 35/40/55/70% damage reduction to a max of 95%.

Heaven's Grace [Benevolent]

Pacifies all enemies in a cone in front of him with holy light. The next instance of damage they receive will sleep them for 2.0/2.33/2.66/3.0 seconds expelling the effects of the holy light.

• [Descendance] +1% per enemy pacified with holy light.
  • [Synergy] Enemies Seraph travels through via Protective Surge that are procced with holy light are blinded for 3 seconds.
  • [Gift from Heaven - Augment] Descendance gain increases by 15% for every additional enemy that is pacified by Heaven's Grace.

Heaven's Fury [Vengeful]

A spectral Angel appears smiting his enemies with 250/300/350/400 heat damage with a 40/50/60/70% chance at a heat proc. Fury receives bonus damage equal to 25% of the average health points of enemies effected.

• [Synergy] The burning feathers from Chastised Surge explodes knocking down enemies standing on them when Heaven's Fury is casted on the area.
  • [Gift from Heaven - Augment] Seraph receives 15 health per enemy hit and 25 for every enemy killed. He cannot receive both.

Angelic Defence & Angelic Offence - 75 energy

Seraph becomes immune to all status effects for 25/30/35/40 seconds, caps at 120 seconds. Every status proc he negates decreases the current ability duration by 10.0/8.0/6.5/5.0%, self-inflicted status procs have no effect. 

• [Synergy] Status procs Seraph negates while stationary in Heaven's Grace grant 2x the Descendance.

Angelic Defence [Benevolent]

Every status proc he negates provides 5% damage reduction which caps at 90%. Self inflicted status procs apply until the cap of 90% is reached.

• [Descendance] +0.5% per status effect negated.
  • [Consequence - Augment] Enemies who's status procs were negated have a 40% chance of having holy light applied to them.

Angelic Offence [Vengeful]

Every status proc he negates provides 5% bonus damage to his abilities.

• [Consequence - Augment] Enemies who's status procs were negated have a 40% chance of having a heat proc applied to them.

Heresy - 0 energy

Seraph shrieks in anger bursting into flames. All enemies within a 8 meter radius are set ablaze and enemies within a 12 meter are feared. Seraph's Benevolent abilities are no longer available and he is forced to use their Vengeful counterparts. If Descendance runs out or is prematurely ended, Seraph will send out a 15 meter heal of 250 health for his allies and himself.

• [Descendance] -0.5% per second with an initial cost of 5%.
  • [Smite the Infidel - Augment] Enemies are no longer feared but will rather be procced with the lifted status effect for 5 seconds. All melee weapons do 30% bonus heat damage with a guaranteed status proc.

- Good Luck, Have Fun -

Edited by Be_Stupid
  • Like 2

So general playbook is start out with a kit of powerful support and battlefield control abilities but ult switches you into a pure offence mode that you will revert into by force if your passive stacks to full from going too long without using it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Be_Stupid said:

Passive(s)

Descendance

Seraph loses faith in his enemies the more he is forced to pacify them.

• [Fall from Grace - Augment] When Descendance is filled Heresy will automatically become active and will remain active until Descendance is empty. Heresy can no longer be manually controlled. All abilities cost 75% less while Descendance is being used by Heresy, any additional modded efficiency is converted into strength during this time.

@Cobalt313 For the most part, yes. The whole being forced into the offensive kit is limited to the augment "Fall from Grace". I thought I might try making a passive augment since Nidus and Atlas recently got one.

I like the general feel of the warframe , from graceful angel to I´m tired of your shiet. But I´m going to say something that I do not often say in this forums. You can buff literally every skill in this frame.

Going to draw some comparisons

The fist skill is somewhat in line with the old first skill mobility skills, but it has the unnecessary cast only once in air restriction.

The second skill is fury mod is not worth your time because even with the scaling with targets hits it does not deal enough damage supposing it uses linear scaling and it hits  20 enemies it will deal 2400 heat damage with its lower than what I can get with a ignis. Even assuming exponential scaling, it not impressive dealing 76 k fire damage situationally. You probably should employ level scaling or weapon mod scaling   

His 3 both the support and the offensive mod are really weak compared to other skill. The defensive version is a backloaded durability with status immunity, the design problem is you can´t afford to take damage to receive a proc if you have a low EHP. Also Warding halo has 90% DR and status immunity with a few other defensive layers. Same applies for the offensive version Rhino roar gives 50% damage squad wide without any strings attached.

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, keikogi said:

The fist skill is somewhat in line with the old first skill mobility skills, but it has the unnecessary cast only once in air restriction.

The second skill is fury mod is not worth your time because even with the scaling with targets hits it does not deal enough damage supposing it uses linear scaling and it hits  enemies 2400 heat damage with its lower than what I can get with a ignis. Even assuming exponential scaling, it not impressive dealing 76 k fire damage situationally. You probably should employ level scaling or weapon mod scaling   

His 3 both the support and the offensive mod are really weak compared to other skill. The defensive version is a backloaded durability with status immunity, the design problem is you can´t afford to take damage to receive a proc if you have a low EHP. Also Warding halo has 90% DR and status immunity with a few other defensive layers. Same applies for the offensive version Rhino roar gives 50% damage squad wide without any strings attached.

I originally didn't want to draw the comparison between his first and Zephyr's Tail Wind but as long as it just moves horizontally at 1/3 the speed I guess that restriction doesn't really matter and I could just remove it.

Level scaling sounds like a great idea! I saw the problem but I had no idea how to fix it. I guess weapon scaling could work as well and I'm assuming that would be melee weapon.

I considered allowing self-inflicted procs. I'm not sure if that would actually fix the dr problem since his offensive kit still doesn't have any. Maybe removing the cap on his damage buff since the duration will eventually balance itself as the duration naturally reduces. Maybe increasing the amount per proc as well to something like 5% across both Defence and Offence. If you have any other suggestions that'd be great because I'm kind of funnelling into the same basic ability with small tweaks.