Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Depowered (Medieval Frame) [6/26: Warframe: The Iron Age Sneak Peek! Ember, The Pyromancer]

Calayne

LoL, GalacticDuck, did you just invade my Space and advertise yourself? :P

I happen to like Rapiers, though. It would be a good addition to the Swords category, and adding a stance specifically for this would be interesting as well! 

Dakra with rapier combos. Woo! :O

I do have my own design in mind for the rapier, though. Check out the rapier on Volt, which pays homage to the original wind frame: Zephyr.

LoL, GalacticDuck, did you just invade my Space and advertise yourself? :P

I happen to like Rapiers, though. It would be a good addition to the Swords category, and adding a stance specifically for this would be interesting as well! 

Dakra with rapier combos. Woo! :O

I do have my own design in mind for the rapier, though. Check out the rapier on Volt, which pays homage to the original wind frame: Zephyr.

BTW i like your drawings please teach me master.

I literaly just looked at this thread XD

LoL, same here, actually.

It's not badly written, and it's pretty balanced. Not too bad.

But er... I'd refrain from just dumping your concept in another guy's thread in the future. It's mostly frowned upon :P

Usually a quick conversation to link ideas is polite.

BTW i like your drawings please teach me master.

Haha, thanks, but it's not something easy to teach! XD

Mostly, it's practice and experimentation, and years of work. Copying won't get you far: practice, a lot of introspection, observation and analysis will, though. 

Haha, thanks, but it's not something easy to teach! XD

Mostly, it's practice and experimentation, and years of work. Copying won't get you far: practice, a lot of introspection, observation and analysis will, thoI

I practiced alot but i always forget about the body and head base of a warframe.

I practiced alot but i always forget about the body and head base of a warframe.

You should start with human figures first: Warframes are an okay start, but tend to be very complicated. Try drawing the base first, then adding in the details. Everything is just a bunch of shapes mashed together, and if you can "See" it in your mind's eye, all it takes is learning how to put it on paper. Honestly, the "Seeing" is harder than the skill you need to pull it off. 

Without vision, you can't hope to improve, because you won't know what to work on. 

At any rate, start simple, start humbly, and just draw what you like. And if you think it looks wrong, then ask yourself: Why? Start changing bit by bit. It does help to learn how to draw basic shapes first, like, in 3D, add shadings, experiment with lighting, sketch tones... All the basics. Soon, you'll move on to more organic shapes: Smooth curves, cloth, steel, leather. You'll be able to tell the differene between different textures, and put it on paper. 

I myself, aren't that good. There are far better than I. I'm just a guy with a hobby.

You should start with human figures first: Warframes are an okay start, but tend to be very complicated. Try drawing the base first, then adding in the details. Everything is just a bunch of shapes mashed together, and if you can "See" it in your mind's eye, all it takes is learning how to put it on paper. Honestly, the "Seeing" is harder than the skill you need to pull it off. 

Without vision, you can't hope to improve, because you won't know what to work on. 

At any rate, start simple, start humbly, and just draw what you like. And if you think it looks wrong, then ask yourself: Why? Start changing bit by bit. It does help to learn how to draw basic shapes first, like, in 3D, add shadings, experiment with lighting, sketch tones... All the basics. Soon, you'll move on to more organic shapes: Smooth curves, cloth, steel, leather. You'll be able to tell the differene between different textures, and put it on paper. 

I myself, aren't that good. There are far better than I. I'm just a guy with a hobby.

Thanks Master :D

• 3 weeks later...

NewDoc22_1.jpg

Trinity: 

Healer.

Cleric.

Warrior. 

Famed before she was a Ten'ou by her ability to heal as well as her martial prowess, she became even more renown after she was chosen by The Lotus as Ten'ou. Clad in armor designed and made by those thankful for their lives saved, she wears it to this day as remembrance and thanks. She rejoices in mercy, and helps all who ask for it. Her suit of armour, decorated with an angelic motif, only reinforces her role as a Guardian Angel.

Yet, on the battlefield, she is also known as a fierce warrior, giving no quarter to any who threatens what she protects. Wielding a two-headed halberd, she deftly twirls it before bringing it down smashing on an unfortunate opponent. As blood trails down her suit and forms crimson red pools at her feet, those rare few who survive to tell the tale only say only that they've seen one thing: A Daemon. The Angel of Death.

You know, Oberon and Nekros would be perfect for this.

Haha, yeah, I intend to add them in some day as well! They're awesome looking, and I think if I had to draw them in Depowered, they'll look the most like they belong! One being a Paladin, the other being a Grim Reaper. Mmmmmmmmmm. Sweet.

NewDoc22_1.jpg

Trinity: 

Healer.

Cleric.

Warrior. 

Famed before she was a Ten'ou by her ability to heal as well as her martial prowess, she became even more renown after she was chosen by The Lotus as Ten'ou. Clad in armor designed and made by those thankful for their lives saved, she wears it to this day as remembrance and thanks. She rejoices in mercy, and helps all who ask for it. Her suit of armour, decorated with an angelic motif, only reinforces her role as a Guardian Angel.

Yet, on the battlefield, she is also known as a fierce warrior, giving no quarter to any who threatens what she protects. Wielding a two-headed halberd, she deftly twirls it before bringing it down smashing on an unfortunate opponent. As blood trails down her suit and forms crimson red pools at her feet, those rare few who survive to tell the tale only say only that they've seen one thing: A Daemon. The Angel of Death.

Cant forget the lobster tail :3

NewDoc22_1.jpg

Beautiful! Looks amazing man! Can't wait for the finished result :D

btw: I noticed you use taset (or tasset, tassy) instead of the dumbed down 'plate skirt'. It's good to see people these days calling it by it's original name :D

Edited by NZGamer